Getting a divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.
After three years of being together and having a child, wife wants a divorce. Of course, I'm the one to blame for all of it. And she's already sleeping with another guy, not sure if anything sexual is going on but she admitted to sleeping in the same bed with another guy, one of her friends from high school. She hasn't filed any divorce papers yet though, called the courthouse to check.

SOrry to hear. Lawyer up asap, infidelity means shell get nothing. Move most of your shared bank accounts to an account in your childs name quickly as well, so she can't clean it out.

My condolences.

My wife of 27 years announced 2 weeks before Christmas last year that she wanted to be on her own. Took her until July to move out. I don't think she has someone else (yet)...

Definitely move all your money to an account in your kid's name pronto.

Also sorry to hear. What Audios said. A lawyer will save you money, anguish, and time in the long run. Good luck.

sorry to hear that, the chaps above have given good advice, but, if its possible, settle with no lawyers, (simple dissolution of marriage) do it yourselves, I think its way less hurt/heartache/expense?...its often harder to be nice in these situations but if you are able to accept what she has said, why does it have to get nasty?...obviously i dont know all the info, its none of my business but I wish you well.

Id never marry again.

Sorry to hear that...... Been there done that. 1988 Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. In my case my ex tried to say I sexually abused my daughter for custody. This just added salt to the wound. Won't go into that....

Anyhoo just know that things will get better and putting the money in an account in your daughters name seems smart. My ex took the money we had started for my daughter.

One thing I have learned is you can't believe anything that is said at this point...... Even though you want to.

Sleeping in the same bed....where there is smoke, there is fire. Got to make you wonder if the new flame might get dumped in the future as well and if so what the heck he's thinking.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
So, does this have anything to do with her visiting that comatose ex-boyfriend in the hospital a few weeks back?

I want to know this too. Do not take offense to this but in previous threads it appeared you had serious trust and insecurity issues. Did she mention any reasons why?

Her visiting her ex in the hospital is just a a very small part of the problem. She said the way I handled that situation made me look like I had no compassion and an [censored]. The guy she is always with now they were all friends in high school and it is her ex's best friend and the last person to be with him before he died.

As far as infidelity, she hasn't admitted to it because she said that she wouldn't do anything to hurt her naval career. She also says that this guy makes her happy and that her happiness is important to our son.....

Last edited:
Sounds like it is best to protect your interests as others have recommended and look ahead to the future. I know it is easy to say, but a buddy of mine had a pretty nasty divorce, saw many of the issues, so I feel for you.

This sounds like a bad situation. I don't mean 'bad' like you're a bus driver in Tokyo when Godzilla is attacking. Way worse than that.

Officially its over when she is sleeping with another man. Get the best divorce lawyer possible. I feel very bad for you... but you have to get rid of this poisonous woman.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Officially its over when she is sleeping with another man. Get the best divorce lawyer possible. I feel very bad for you... but you have to get rid of this poisonous woman.

we don't know all the facts and have heard only 1 side of the situation on an internet forum - perhaps we don't have enough info to call her 'poisonous'.

Brownbox88 Im sorry about your situation,i have seen it alot in my almost 30 years in business.I am not a lawyer,however you have already been given some good advise.1st off go to the best lawyer in town you definetly want him in your corner not hers.The lawyers can take alot of your money so get in and out as fast as you can.Cry the blues to your lawyer,tell him you have so much debt you can barely afford him,he may reduce his fee.Get to a lawyer quick and secure your bank accounts and any other money and assets you have.She may try to get part of your paycheck every month and your retirement package.She will try to get friends and family to find out what you are up to so try to be somewhat secretive about what you and your lawyer are up to.The guy she is with may be a golddigger,wanting her money and yours then he will be on to his next victim soon.Do,nt threaten her or anyone else,do not hit anyone that is what they bring up in court.If you are headed to court remember her and her lawyer are going to keep records of everthing you do and say,talk as if each conversation is being recorded.You need to make notes of everything if you are headed to court,it ammunition for you.There is billions of women in the world,the chance,s of you finding 1 that will treat you like a king are pretty good,you only need 1.I know it hurts right now but one day you will look back with your new women and say "lifes alot better now".You need to look out for you now more than ever.i hope this helps a little.Good luck brother.I live by this saying every day of my life.
"When In Doubt Get Out"

When a 'married' woman sleeps with a man that is NOT her husband...
in my humble opinion that makes her poisonous.

I wonder what two people who are in lust (and sinning) are doing in the bedroom ???

Again, get rid of that piece of trash woman. She is up to no good and is poisonous if she does that to her loyal husband.

Sorry to hear. I've been there. Definitely follow other's advice and get an attorney ASAP. You need an ally on your side.

Another piece of advice. Change banks etc, and do not tell her the info at all. Also change auto insurance policies, again tell her nothing. I was divorced 7 years ago and last year I called my insurance company to move coverage from my Hyundai to the Mini that I recently traded on my Fiat. All went well until the end of the call- the rep asked me if I wanted to make any changes with the "other vehicle" on my policy.

What other vehicle? My motorcycle? Nope, seems somehow the ex had obtained coverage under my policy (but not on my bill??) for her dirtbag boyfriend's redneck pickup truck. I explained that I did not own a pickup truck and demanded immediate answers. We figured out it was her. I said sure, make a change- drop the pickup from the policy NOW! He advised me that not having insurance on the vehicle would cause the owner to have his driver's license suspended. My answer- not my problem- cancel the truck.

I changed insurance companies the following day. Keep in mind this was 6 years after the divorce. So my advice is get an attorney and change all of your important business so that she knows nothing.

I know it hurts now, but time truly does heal all wounds. It will get better.

My brother went through a divorce several years ago and now my brother-in-law (my wife's brother) just went through a divorce. I'm sorry that you are going through this. I'm only going to give you one piece of advice and that is to GET A LAWYER. Avoid any advice that tells you to do it without one. There are just too many things that you can't think of that her lawyer will and those thing will rake you over the coals even years after the divorce is finalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back