GC vs. M1 (for real this time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by dkryan:
Bob the Builder:

Thanks for the reply! So, are you saying forget about the mass airflow sensor and concentrate on the injectors and plugs/wires? I use Chevron Techron 20-oz every six months and normally BP 93 octane fuel. I've never been a fan of the "105,00 mile tune-up" on those spark plugs and considered replacing them with OEMs at 60k.

There are no driveability issues other than the loss in mileage. It starts fine, idles fine, accelerates fine (as fine as 227-hp can get you). All of that caused me to sit up and pay attention to your mass airflow sensor comments. And "hannaco's" post above added to my interest in the MAS as the culprit. I just wish I could take it apart, clean it, and see what happens. I hate "fishing trips," i.e., replacing parts until you find out what was bad.

Stay tuned. I'll let you know how this turns out!

Hey dkryan,

I would recommend that you clean the aformentioned MAS and also look into the possibility of your fuel injectors not being up to par. Plug wires are also frequently an issue. As far as you being a fan of the 105,000 mile tune up, knock it off before you hurt someone's engine. (might even be your own)
grin.gif
Your tune up mileage intervals need to be far sooner than that. I am pretty thorough with my vehicles and use a timetable of around 10 to 15 thousand miles in between tune ups. Don't let worn wires, plugs, oil, injectors etc shorten the life of your car. If so, maybe you should consider donating your vehicles to the BtB Vehicle Sanctuary! lol
grin.gif

BtB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back