GC at a yard sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
pscholte! 514 quarts? Where do you store those many quarts? My closet's shelves are packed full with my 60+ quarts.
tongue.gif

Honestly guys - if I saw GC at a garage sale - I wouldn't expect to pay more than $3/qt for it. I mean people are selling theirs online for $4-5/qt or less.

I do not think the buyer should be held responsible for the seller's ignorance in any case. The question "Is $1 too much" - the answer would be no it is not - then you pay it. Simple as that. ... Back when I was younger buying star trek books online - at a garage sale some dude was selling his st books for $.25/book. Online those books went for $10+/book. Was I supposed to say: "Oh, I can't buy those books for such a low price! I must pay $7.00 a book!" lol...

The chance of a regular yard sale fan paying $5.00 a qt for oil is nil. Everything at yardsales goes for ridiculouly low prices. Kitchen tables ($10.00), men's shirts $0.25, recliner's $30.00 etc. This was not taking advantage of a widow, it was helping out a window. I did two garage sales after a family death, and things went for pennies on the dollar. I did not feel like anyone took advantage of me. So this was not IMHO taking advantage of a widow. Had someone in the know not been there the next person would have said "yeah $1.00 is too much how about 2 bucks for the whole lot" and it would have been sold.

quote:

Originally posted by Trouthead:
. . . Had someone in the know not been there the next person would have said "yeah $1.00 is too much how about 2 bucks for the whole lot" and it would have been sold.

What noble logic: the next guy is worse than me, so it's ok.

It would be a fitting irony if the bottles are filled with used lawnmower oil. I'm sure someone here would yell loud and long about a refund if that happened.

There are good points on both sides imho. Honestly, if I saw some GC Green at an old person's garage sale and they told me "is $1 too much" I would have said, "$1/qt?? Thats really cheap!" If they were ok with that - I'd buy it for $1/qt. Otherwise, I would allow them to up the price because I'd be willing to pay for GC Green.

Thing is, we all have the freedom in America to set our personal standards/ethics/whatever you call them. I will not go so far as to enforce my opinion/beliefs on another (in something like this, obviously murder is wrong) That is why I do not think BlueOvalFitter did anything wrong. Again, that is my opinion.
tongue.gif

Congratulations on a good buy. Nothing to feel bad about IMO.
I too hope to outlive my stash, but there will be no bargains at the garage sale following my passing. My wife and daughter have been with me buying GC in Auto Zones -- they know the story and the price.
Terry

What is there to feel bad about? Wasn't Autozone closing out GC for a $1.00 a qt. a while back? I remember a BITOGer purchased about 115 qts in one day for a buck a qt. Nice find and agood buy.

Volvohead,i'm selling a washer and dryer in my local newspapers "Super Saver" section for $100.00,for both.Will you offer me more money then what i'm asking for them?
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by BlueOvalFitter:
Volvohead,i'm selling a washer and dryer in my local newspapers "Super Saver" section for $100.00,for both.Will you offer me more money then what i'm asking for them?
lol.gif

I doubt your a poor mourning widow whos husband of 65 years just died and will now have to live off of dog food because his pension checks will be cancled;)

quote:

Originally posted by schwartr88:

quote:

Originally posted by BlueOvalFitter:
lol.gif

I doubt your a poor mourning widow whos husband of 65 years just died and will now have to live off of dog food because his pension checks will be cancled;)

What is it with you and Volvohead,ya'll never go to yard sales? I guess ya'll have so much money you need not go to yard sales like us bottom feeders,huh? BTW SHWARTR88,will you offer me more for my washer and dryer?
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back