Garage sale drivers in So Cal

Status
Not open for further replies.
[LA Times]
Two people were hospitalized after one of three separate crashes -- two involving L.A. County firetrucks and the third a sheriff’s deputy -- along Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu on Saturday, Los Angeles County sheriff’s officials said.

The three crashes happened within a two-hour window beginning about 12:30 p.m., when officials say a fire engine smashed into a gray Toyota Prius pulling out of an intersection near Zumirez Drive.

Two women in the Prius were airlifted to a hospital in unknown condition, said Lt. A.J. Rotella [cool name] of the Sheriff’s Department's Malibu station.

About half an hour later, a vehicle rear-ended a sheriff’s cruiser near the intersection of PCH and Winding Way, Rotella said. Nobody was injured.

An hour or so later and less than half a mile to the east, a smaller firetruck was involved in a crash with a compact car making a U-turn, Rotella said, adding that a paramedic suffered minor injuries.

PCH was closed for several hours in both directions, but reopened about 5:30 p.m., Rotella said.

Sheriff’s officials are investigating all three crashes.
--
I've labeled it garage sale drivers in So Cal because I see a lot of this type of driving on Saturdays. Illegal U-ies, popping the flashers on to park in no parking zones, complete stops at an intersection they should be driving straight through, double-parking, crossing double-yellow lines. No high-speed violations though, but some low-speed violations.

So many yard sales today on US highway 25, it runs across the whole stat and then some, today I had quite a few near misses as people made sudden stops on this narrow 55 mph 2 lane highway.

Yup-I regularly see the hard core 'professional' garage salers charging around to cover the most sales in the shortest time. Poor driving goes with it. Seems to me once upon a time it was a friendlier and more relaxed deal, but many do this as a living now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back