frame flex with floor jack normal?

I tried years ago to jack up my truck and the frame flexed a ton before the truck even started lifting up I was afraid I was going to bend the frame. Maybe I had it too far back idk.

Opinions? I also realized the jack wasn't going to lift it high enough get the front tires off the ground anyways, once it takes all the travel out of the shocks.

Where was the lift point? and what was the vehicle? Older vehicles flexed quite a bit.

Not sure what your jack is but I have stacked wood on the jack to get enough range--probably wiser to crib up underneath the jack, laying down 2x10's or whatever, long enough that the jack can do its rolling thing. Or preferably get a bottle jack with lots of lift. Only problem is, with lots of flex, you start to worry about if the angle changes and if anything is going to go flying--might want to not use a bottle jack then.

Where was the lift point? and what was the vehicle? Older vehicles flexed quite a bit.

Not sure what your jack is but I have stacked wood on the jack to get enough range--probably wiser to crib up underneath the jack, laying down 2x10's or whatever, long enough that the jack can do its rolling thing. Or preferably get a bottle jack with lots of lift. Only problem is, with lots of flex, you start to worry about if the angle changes and if anything is going to go flying--might want to not use a bottle jack then.
I lift it about where the middle of the front door was. Maybe 12" back before it turns upwards towards the wheel well

I lift it about where the middle of the front door was. Maybe 12" back before it turns upwards towards the wheel well
I used to do that on my Tundra, it took a mile to get it up. Unlike the rear, if I went right under the axle perch.

You chose the worst lift spot on the whole truck. Does the door open and close OK ? I would refer to the manual . Look for the section on how to change a tire? When I needed to raise my Camry on one side, I asked google and got several informative videos to guide me. :cool:

Flex is very normal. My 3rd gen Firebird w/ T-tops had LOTS of flex. The cross member under the oil pan is usually a good spot up front on 2wd trucks.

Don't lift by the lower control arm if the spring doesn't rest on it (or the torsion bar.)

You chose the worst lift spot on the whole truck. Does the door open and close OK ? I would refer to the manual . Look for the section on how to change a tire? When I needed to raise my Camry on one side, I asked google and got several informative videos to guide me. :cool:
I stopped before i got to that point. The door was hung up a tad when i opened it. Keep in mind this was uears ago and the truck still rides fine. It's what it says in the manual. I may have been a tad further back, but luje the other guy said it's sometimes hard to fit

Back