First hand experience of Arcan or CAT floor jacks

Hello folks,

Need floor jacks to do tire rotations and frequent backing plate scraping. I will not go under the car with these floor jacks.

HD has Arcan floor jack for $40 and Costco has CAT for $50.

Anyone have personal experience with either of these?

I noticed a few here have Daytona from Harbor freight, but after their last floor jacks debacle, I am in no mood to take chances.

Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for a floor jack or a jack stand? You linked to jack stands, but your statement "I will not go under the car with these floor jacks.", leads me to believe that you are looking for an actual jack and not a stand.

I have an Arcan jack that I like very much, though I found the build quality to not be substantially any better then the HF jacks I also have. As for jack stands, check out ESCO jack stands, they are amazing.

I've had the Arcan 2.5 ton steel/aluminum hybrid for years. I don't think they make this model anymore. It had leak once but it was just the o-ring on the fill plug. 10 cent fix. I have no complains with this jack.
One thing I'm sure you've noticed, a lot of these brands look like the same jack, just a different brand.

@pzev,

My bad. I am looking for floor stands. Coffee hadn't kicked in yet yesterday.

I checked Esco jacks too but I thought, do I really need to spend 3X just to rotate the tires?

Got a set of tall stands on Amazon for $40. They have the lock pin and 6 ton rating. Held up the back of our motorhome just fine while replacing the rear disc brakes and calipers.

I suggest that you go with the Pro-Lift jack stands shown below. They have the locking pin safety feature that I consider essential after the Harbor Freight debacle. I prefer the 6 Ton version which have pads on each leg, but their 16-inch minimum height may be excessive unless you normally work on a SUV or truck.
1682078313976.jpg

Back