Fram ULTRA 3614 27,000 miles CUT OPEN

So 'if' my math is correct, ~7 OCs in ~27k mi. and one FCI in ~2years. Well, I know one member here for which that would be Heresy, with a capital H. Now it's, 1 Filter, 7OCI's. :ROFLMAO:

As for the OG Ultra, looks like it got job done. Looks good. They don't make em like that anymore........literally. :(

As for TG replacement, A-S didn't purchase Honeywell till 1999, so my speculation, filter date code could be 262 day 1997. I would think by 2007 A-S would have been gone from can as merger had made Honeywell company name.

Thanks for c&p.

Last edited:
So 'if' my math is correct, ~7 OCs in ~27k mi. and one FCI in ~2years. Well, I know one member here for which that would be Heresy, with a capital H. Now it's, 1 Filter, 7OCI's. :ROFLMAO:

As for the OG Ultra, looks like it got job done. Looks good. They don't make em like that anymore........literally. :(

As for TG replacement, A-S didn't purchase Honeywell till 1999, so my speculation, filter date code could be 262 day 1997. I would think by 2007 A-S would have been gone from can as merger had made Honeywell company name.

Thanks for c&p.
You are welcome SayJac 😊

I’ll run the tough guard til maybe end of next week then put another one on.

See internal rust in the 2nd picture . Wonder if any relation ? https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/fram-ultra-xg7317-leaks-oil-from-top-of-cannister.345542/

IMG_7194.JPG

Last edited:
Last edited:
Rust inside the filter wouldn't be caused by road salt like yours might have been caused by on the outside of the can.
May have started from inside out . There were many bubbles along with the one large one under the paint .

May have started from inside out . There were many bubbles along with the one large one under the paint .
Did you cut it open an look? I didn't see it mentioned in your thread. I highly doubt it was rust from the inside, especially once it was on the car and filled with oil.

Is there a BITOG trophy / award for longest oil filter run over the suggested interval ? And the trophy / award goes to . 🍾
I believe Linctex claimed to have run a TG for 50k miles and has not cut it as of yet , been over a year I reckon.

Mr 53, maybe you could PM him about shipping the filter to you.

Back