Fram TG7317 6k miles, cut open, very boring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed the oil in the wife's Lancer this AM. Just over 6,000 miles, oil was probably PP 5W-30. Off came a Fram TG7317 filter which I cut open. Nothing exciting to report. As much as the mechanical engineer in me hates the glued cardboard end caps, they clearly do fine in this application. ADBV was very supple and marked "Parker." Very nice.

The filter was replaced with a Fram Ultra and four quarts of Maxlife high mileage synthetic 5W-30. (car has 136,000 miles on it)

Got to admit...the last few Frams I've cut open have looked really good...while the last few Purolators were torn...

thanks,
ben

lancer1.jpg

lancer2.jpg

lancer3.jpg

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Wow...looks great... thanks for the cut and post

Agreed! I was quite happy with this filter's performance. Your welcome for the cut-n-post - glad to be able to contribute.

thanks much,
ben

I used to be anti Fram but these days I frequently use them when prices dictate. They always seem to be a quality filter at a reasonable price. I just bought a bunch of rebranded Fram's for super cheap on Rock Auto and they have been great. Thanks for the pics! Looks like that could have gone 10K.

Good looking filter. The TG is probably one of my favorites.

FYI, Rock Auto had some various TG's on clearance/ closeout when I was looking around the other day.

Looks very good. It's been quite some time since the days of fiber end cap problems and resulting fram criticisms. Keeping up the cutting here will keep them diligent making good filters. I am sure Jay has spread the word how the filters are cut open and every particle of them scrutinized. I could see using a TG, but not over an Ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back