FRAM or not?

Yeah they have stepped up their game... That's for sure.

I believe the Fram Ultra started some changes within Fram. They added media to the orange cans and just that alone helped them perform better for longer. The Ultra was built to such a strong high standard that it may have made people in the company take a better look at improving their overall line up quality wise.

30 years ago I used the fram orange can and nothing else. Then they got a bad rap I think when they changed to the cardboard/fiber media end caps.
Now many use fiber media end caps with great success.
I don't use them but would run one if installed.

What are they really,?

I told some yo-yo 🪀 on YouTube that Fram uses fiber endcaps, not paper, not cardboard. He responded that paper and cardboard are the same as fiber and that he was going to use a Wix filter because it has metal endcaps. I told him that Wix uses fiber filter media and asked why would he want to use filter media made out of cardboard? 🟫

But what about my brother's wife's 2nd cousin's uncle's best friend from high school who's '87 Mustang GT blew up using an OCOD?

That scares me. Doesn't it worry you all?
The Mustang probably already had one wheel in the grave(or junkyard) not from the oil filter.

A personalized message from a moderator politely asked me to refrain from bashing some particular product.
I don't remember what it was and that is not important.
My magnificently thick skull needed time to realize that all fora want to sell ad space and that "schoolyard bullying" of any product diminishes the odds of gaining subscribers. Duhhh.

I know from the intel here that Dex-Cool is good stuff and that misapplication (into non airtight systems) and contamination are what's bad.
Now the stupid name "Death-Cool" bothers me.

Opened Orange Cans looked incredibly lacking in the amount of media compared to almost any other filter. Honestly, 6 or 7 zig-zags of material.
They were also so much lighter than other filters. You can't just dismiss that.

In my youth, said Orange cans were sold at Two-Guys. That was a known to be a cheap goods outlet.

Things got better, you say? I'm glad.

I don't have a problem with the base Fram tough guard oil filter. They work "good enough" for their intended purpose.
Personally, I never buy them because you can get a better filter for the same money.

I use to use Fram but I got sucked in by those videos on YouTube before joining here so now I’m scared to use them. I use Wix and Bosch now. I like the Fram because I can get it at Walmart for about $3 though. I found an old Honeywell one the other day I was tempted to get it but decided not too.

I use to use Fram but I got sucked in by those videos on YouTube before joining here so now I’m scared to use them. I use Wix and Bosch now. I like the Fram because I can get it at Walmart for about $3 though. I found an old Honeywell one the other day I was tempted to get it but decided not too.
I bought into the bitog hype and bought a couple Fram ultras.

Back