Fram Extra Guard is the best bang for your buck.

Of the two sizes I use, they've been silicone for a couple of years.
I looked at the the TG6607 at WM yesterday and it had a black ADBV while the orange can EG6607 had the orange one. You'd think that Fram would get it's act together and put the better ADBV in their better filter. I know some will say the black ADBV may be silicone but I'm not taking the chance that it's not.
Also, the fiber end caps don't bother me in the least...they may even be better as some others have stated.

Extra guard at Walmart for my Hyundai/KIA vehicles are $5.97. I have no issue with it other than I can get something just as good or better, cheaper.
At least they're not almost $10 anymore, still ridiculous that they're priced higher than the other orange cans, at $10, the Kyundai OEM filter for around $7 was the better choice.

I think that this filter is the best bang for your buck right now. It's less than $4 on Amazon and at Walmart. It's got a silicone anti drain back valve, cellulose and glass media, and is rated for a 10,000 mile drain interval. It's 95.7% efficient @ 20 microns using the ISO 4548-12 test. Don't let the fiber end caps scare you away.

Technical information.

So what do you think?
Since when did the EG line have glass media?

Few weeks ago picked up EG PH9688 at Walmart and has the orange silicone . Was more expensive . About a a month or 2 before the EG PH9688 and 7317 had the black nitrile .

So the EG has cellulose/synthetic media capable of, I think, 95% at 20µ (12,000 mile OCI), TG also has cellulose/synthetic media capable of 99% at 20µ (15,000 mile OCI), XG has their new "triple media" which has the same efficiency as the TG but for a longer OCI (20,000 OCI), and then the Titanium (FS) is the old XG. EG and TG have fiber end caps, XG and FS have metal end caps, but all have silicone ADBV and that's about it, besides grip material on the can. Do I have that correct?

Since when did the EG line have glass media?
Screenshot_20220622-160847_Brave.jpg

I like the Fram EG. How does 96% @ 20 microns compare to 99% at 30 with the Supertech. It looks to me like the 96 @ 20 would be better, since 30 is 33% larger. If so, Extra Guard for the win.
Might be the same efficiency, just listing a different micron level.

If you order multiple Champ XL filters from Rock Auto the shipping cost goes down with every additional filter ordered within one single order. It is very easy to get the total cost per unit to $4-$5 on Rock Auto and I surmise that many if not most people would prefer to use that filter instead of an orange can.
That is exactly right - I will order 4 or 5 filters and the shipping + tax comes in lower than when buying just 1. Actually every time I order from RA I will toss in a few filters if the same warehouse is being used.

Back