Fram Endurance - synthetic and wire backed

Ive got 3 of them in my basement, i would say they are released.
I wonder if they weren't technically supposed to put them on the shelf yet or inventory them, only two stores near me have them available for pick up and the rest don't, the one I know has a pretty competent auto center, they probably just decided they'd go on ahead and put them up to get them out of the way so they didn't have to do it later.

So I bought the FE9688 for my wife’s Hyundai Elantra and I go to install it and it refuses to thread. Ended up going to advance auto and buying the FS9688 and it went on without a hiccup. Is there a way to contact Fram to get a refund?

So I bought the FE9688 for my wife’s Hyundai Elantra and I go to install it and it refuses to thread. Ended up going to advance auto and buying the FS9688 and it went on without a hiccup. Is there a way to contact Fram to get a refund?
Bring it back to the store you bought it from and tell them it is defective and get a refund. Not a good start to these filters, personally I do not like them.

Decided to check out the Walmart near my work today. I really was just looking for the clearance oils. But looked at filters and was surprised to see a full stocking of the new Frams. I picked up a couple. One for the WRX and one for the riding mower, because why not.

My local Walmart doesn’t have any of these on the shelves yet.

Also found an older Fram ultra. But I had no use for it

Attachments

• IMG_0486.jpeg
    IMG_0486.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0487.jpeg
    IMG_0487.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 88
Decided to check out the Walmart near my work today. I really was just looking for the clearance oils. But looked at filters and was surprised to see a full stocking of the new Frams. I picked up a couple. One for the WRX and one for the riding mower, because why not.

My local Walmart doesn’t have any of these on the shelves yet.

Also found an older Fram ultra. But I had no use for it
I was just in the south Muncie store and they have substantially cut the varieties of Ultra fitlers they have to make space for the Endurance filters they're pretty much only on one tier of the shelf and they have two shelves for them, they still had that same type of cartridge too in the same 10+ year old packaging, I guess they don't sell many for that application, I'm surprised they didn't cut it with the Ultras that got cut, they no longer carry an the Ultra/Xtended Gaurd filter for the 7.3PSD. when I was in their a year or so ago they still had some Xtended Gaurds on the shelf in the 3786.

Fits a bunch of Mercedes, most Mercedes owners either don't change their own oil or if they do, they probably use the OE filter, most Euro cars OE is the best option.

Attachments

• 1679527800087.jpg
    1679527800087.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 17
From looking at the FRAM website and also at Walmart, it appears that the FRAM Endurance is sold exclusively at Walmart. The FRAM website has a Walmart link and each filter has an “Exclusively At Walmart” banner on each filter photo that I look at. Kinda like how the FRAM Titanium is sold only at Advanced Auto.

The Endurance is around 50 cents more than the Titanium of the models I’ve looked at. I’m willing to pay the extra 50 cents to get the wire backed full synthetic media of the Endurance, especially since there are reports of newer Titanium’s without wire backing.

There aren’t any in stock at my local Walmart, but they are in stock to ship to my house. I was looking last night and if I order $35 or more, so 3 filters, I can get them shipped free to the house. It looks like 2 day shipping.

I wonder if any of this will affect Titanium sales.

From looking at the FRAM website and also at Walmart, it appears that the FRAM Endurance is sold exclusively at Walmart. The FRAM website has a Walmart link and each filter has an “Exclusively At Walmart” banner on each filter photo that I look at. Kinda like how the FRAM Titanium is sold only at Advanced Auto.

The Endurance is around 50 cents more than the Titanium of the models I’ve looked at. I’m willing to pay the extra 50 cents to get the wire backed full synthetic media of the Endurance, especially since there are reports of newer Titanium’s without wire backing.

There aren’t any in stock at my local Walmart, but they are in stock to ship to my house. I was looking last night and if I order $35 or more, so 3 filters, I can get them shipped free to the house. It looks like 2 day shipping.

I wonder if any of this will affect Titanium sales.
The last titanium I bought is not wire backed.

It’s kinda weird how the Endurance distribution is happening around here. 15 miles west of me and 20 miles east of me have them on the shelves. But 1 store in between says not available. I’m going to use 1 on my truck when I get a chance to go get one. I like the idea of micro glass media even if it’s not as efficient (and according to Fram it is) as the Ultra media. Especially the New ones.
I do an OCI every 4k miles so it’s probably extreme overkill but I may run the Endurance for 2 OCI’s.
My last OCI took 7 months to make the 4k and my next one may only take 2 months with towing my TT.

Back