Fram Endurance - synthetic and wire backed

So the Ultra would no longer be Fram's ultimate filter?
The new filter needs a better name to sound more impressive than the Ultra, i.e. : Ultimate Ultra, Super Xtra Ultra, Mega Super Ultimate Xtra Ultra, Infinity Utmost Optimum Ultra.

First Brands should have left the OG Ultra (and its' positive reputation among gear heads) alone, and slotted the current Ultra construction under the OG Ultra with a different name.
It’s starting to sound a lot like paint now. And Fram is to filters as Behr is to paint. Just like Behr has their good(Premium Plus), better(Ultra), best(Marquee) and good but why for the price(Dynasty), Fram’s going that same direction with Extra Guard/Drive, Tough Guard/Force, Ultra(and Titanium) and Endurance.

I was at Walmart and the Depot and many of their EGs are still the old Fram design, but the HD PH7317/4967 are E-Cores.

I'm looking but?! 🧐
Nayov cut his open here:

So in turn I decided to check filtration performance. I’m taking off a 7k mile Ultra today and collecting an OA sample, and installing the FE10575. Then I’ve got a lengthy loop planned over the next week, and I’ll pull another sample after that and get particle counts on both samples with no oil change in between.

FE 7317 has typical Fram style tapping plate. Even more obvious white Champion type dome markings.

FE 3600 looks like a Champion, yellowish Champion type markings...

They are charging you about $4 more to put the screen back in. $12.97 a filter for .20 worth of screening!
Considering it appears to be the same filter that Royal purple or Amsoil sell for $15-20+ , and with what a Wix XP or Purolator Boss go for these days, it's competitively priced for the type of construction, First Brands should have just kept the original Ultra design and raised the price.

Considering it appears to be the same filter that Royal purple or Amsoil sell for $15-20+ , and with what a Wix XP or Purolator Boss go for these days, it's competitively priced for the type of construction, First Brands should have just kept the original Ultra design and raised the price.
If your a 5K oil changer like me and you use a quality filter for 3 or 4 oil changes
The cost of the filter is a mute point

First Brands must lurk here on BITOG-I've said the exact same thing since the "new & improved" Ultra hit the scene!

They are charging you about $4 more to put the screen back in. $12.97 a filter for .20 worth of screening!
...That and the special rectangular spiraled-stamped center tube that creates a counter clockwise rotational mini-cyclone that sucks oil from the special wire-backed media!! All for $12.97 too!! Plus... It's "NEW"!! 🤑

I e-mailed Fram CS a week ago concerning the FE specs. Nothing! Doesn't surprise me. Silence is a clue. FBG

I e-mailed Fram CS a week ago concerning the FE specs. Nothing! Doesn't surprise me. Silence is a clue. FBG
Yea they don't seem to do so well in the customer service department, at least in regards to emails. It has been over a month now since I emailed them in regards to the end cap situation on the Extra Guards when people found some with metal end caps, I would of at least preferred a response that doesn't have a conclusive answer then to just be ignored.

They need to work on that for sure.

I emailed Fram today and several hours later got a response.

Attachments

• B0C221EB-340A-446E-BC64-D0AEBF3CC346.jpg
    B0C221EB-340A-446E-BC64-D0AEBF3CC346.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 194
IF memory serves me the original Ultra was about 11 to 12 bucks when first introduced, but before long Wally's had them down in the 8 something range. Maybe the same will occur here when they don't sell fast enough.

Pretty sure chassity is the one who told me it was a discontinued filter until I sent her a picture of it
The email did say that they haven’t been launched yet and are waiting on cataloging which I thought was odd since they are obviously being sold now.

I emailed Fram today and several hours later got a response.
Thanks Chevy454z71 for the post.

I guess Nayov must be a time traveler...Fram states that it hasn't been released yet. Sorry, but sounds like a Clown operation, not corporation. I admit that I'm a devoted Fram Ultra customer, but it is what it is!

Back