Ford tech on youtube

BeerCan

$50 Site Donor
I'm still at 10k on my Ford di's. 10k on my port injection p cars and 5 k on my 981. Up to 15 k on the 6.7. I think most of this is overblown

I just got a new Ecoboost Ranger. I plan on my usual 5k OCI with synthetic or Motorcraft Blend. Sales guy was kind of emphatic about keeping receipts for oil changes or having the dealer do them to ensure warranty coverage. I figure I'll take it to them every 10k and do the every 5k oil changes myself. Holds 6 quarts so Motorcraft Blend might be okay for a 5k OCI.

as always lots of variables like driving habits long or short trips BUT with many TANKS aka 4 door 4 WD costing over 50G shorter oil changes with a modern fake synthetic of decent viscosity is just smart. unless doing a lot of highway only 5 thou is prolly good as turbos REQUIRE quality CLEAN oil for long life. no DI but a 1.8T 2001 modified jetta i was doing a thousand miles weekly + changed at 10 thou using a REAL synthetic + it was running great at 200 tho at trade in for a retirement fun roadster a 2001 audi TT 25Q!!
I remember reading something about having problems with VW turbo motors burning up. It was a headache dealer had to deal with.

That guy's videos have been popping up in my recommended YT feed. Have watched a few and how he reaches some of his conclusions makes him come off a little on the wacky side in my opinion.

I expect FMC corporate to eventually lean on the dealership to shut him down from filming and using the dealership service bays for his content. They did the same thing to "FordTechMakuLoco" causing him to quit and go independent.