Ford stock hit a 20 year high today.

pbm

Ford was up nearly 12% today alone closing over $24 a share. I find it hard to understand such enthusiasm with dealer stock so low....the chip shortage....and no longer selling cars in NA....but what do I know. Apparently they plan on raising production of electric F150s.

The price increased today because of the speculation of increased profits in the future. The catalyst was the news about Ford announcing it will increase the production of electric trucks next year.

The chip shortage is improving. Those lots will need filled. The Bronco. Covid effects improving.... and I would buy Ford stock before I would buy GM or Fiat Chrysler. Ford didn't cuck for Government money in '08
...and cars are well "out of style" see Toyota Camry sales, trending flat or slightly down, and perhaps this is due as well to emission standards.

Luckily I bought some Ford stock below $7 in order to get X-plan discount on my 21 Escape.

Ironically I already traded it for a RAV4… but I still have the stock.

The price increased today because of the speculation of increased profits in the future. The catalyst was the news about Ford announcing it will increase the production of electric trucks next year.
I wish Ford would sell the 1.5 3cyl. turbo in the Focus with an M/T (and a regular AT...not their garbage DCT) here in the USA...I think it would sell well.

I also cannot understand Ford stock! I bought a significant amount around $6 per share after doing intense studying on the stock, around early 2020. It fell to around $4 and I panicked and got out at the very bottom of the CV scare. I calculated that traveling would plummet, therefore car sales would plummet and the market would be flooded with cars. I also assumed there would be serious inventory problems. My calculation was that we'd have a radical decline in demand, and inventory supply issues. None of that should be good for a car maker.

Yet here we are, Ford at 20 year highs with absolutely no explanation. It was a colossal blunder on my part, but a reasonable calculation that just went sideways. I lost 30% when I should instead by sitting on 4x gains... :(

I also cannot understand Ford stock! I bought a significant amount around $6 per share after doing intense studying on the stock, around early 2020. It fell to around $4 and I panicked and got out at the very bottom of the CV scare. I calculated that traveling would plummet, therefore car sales would plummet and the market would be flooded with cars. I also assumed there would be serious inventory problems. My calculation was that we'd have a radical decline in demand, and inventory supply issues. None of that should be good for a car maker.

Yet here we are, Ford at 20 year highs with absolutely no explanation. It was a colossal blunder on my part, but a reasonable calculation that just went sideways. I lost 30% when I should instead by sitting on 4x gains... :(
You messed up man . Invest in GM stock I guess

Ford was up nearly 12% today alone closing over $24 a share. I find it hard to understand such enthusiasm with dealer stock so low....the chip shortage....and no longer selling cars in NA....but what do I know. Apparently they plan on raising production of electric F150s.
Proud ford stock holder.. and if tomorrow the stock drops I'll be a disappointed investor. Lol

I usually just invest in index funds, I’ve found that all my speculating, studying, whatever, doesn’t seem to pan out when things that are out of my control (or things I don’t know about that will be happening, happen), ruin all that investigating and investment. And then of course there’s the hype factor that also drive up and down prices.

If Ford went up because of electric truck production, they had better start making electric trucks because they invested millions In Rivian but announced they won’t be joining forces with Rivian. So how they’ll be able to make an electric truck will be interesting, because that’s taking years for others.

this is the way, buy high sell low.

this is the way, buy high sell low.
Kick rocks. Nobody - nobody - could have predicted what happened with all this nonsense in the last 24 months. During the 2008 economic crisis Ford was nearly insolvent! My getting out was rational to avoid losing all my money.

It's the most bizarre market for many various industries and it's simply impossible to predict it. It's luck more than anything.

How can a company like Ford have current 20 year highs, when just a decade ago they were nearly insolvent during the last economic crisis? The economy is in shambles, joblessness is high, a third of Americans don't work, significant numbers/percent of Americans are working from home now, auto makers have massive shortages of parts, and new vehicles today cost nearly what a modest house mortgage did 10 years ago. Who can afford $70,000 trucks??

Kick rocks. Nobody - nobody - could have predicted what happened with all this nonsense in the last 24 months. During the 2008 economic crisis Ford was nearly insolvent! My getting out was rational to avoid losing all my money.

It's the most bizarre market for many various industries and it's simply impossible to predict it. It's luck more than anything.

How can a company like Ford have current 20 year highs, when just a decade ago they were nearly insolvent during the last economic crisis? The economy is in shambles, joblessness is high, a third of Americans don't work, significant numbers/percent of Americans are working from home now, auto makers have massive shortages of parts, and new vehicles today cost nearly what a modest house mortgage did 10 years ago. Who can afford $70,000 trucks??
We live in a world where many have become rich from company failures - and just might have helped with that.
I think Vegas is more reputable than Wall Street these days …

What else are you supposed to do with your money? There's little value anywhere else- interest rates are low, property values are sky high, precious metals are still at/near all-time highs, the stock market as a whole at absolutely ridiculous levels (48 trillion total market capitalization- was at 28 trillion on 12/31/19), etc.

At this point, the current hot trend is to throw money at any manufacturer who mentions going towards EV. Seriously though, google "Ford moves to EV" and look at the date of the articles. Then look at the $F graph. Every time Ford has mentioned a shift towards EV, the stock gets a nice little bump. It's not just Ford, but every manufacturer. It's just people speculating, and the current speculation is that electric is the future- not hydrogen fuel cells, alternative fuels, etc.

Ford trades at 34 times earnings. Never mind that Telsla trades trades at 375 times earnings.
People invest in Tesla as a vehicle to invest in Elon. Currently, there's no way to invest in SpaceX, Starlink (speculated to be spun off of SpaceX), etc, so they continue to throw money into Tesla.

Good for Ford. Maybe they will survive the decade. I think some of the increase is due to speculation over the success of the F-150 Lightning electric version when it finally is in production. Considering how many full sized trucks are sold to people who don't use them for a work vehicle and never take them up a dirt road, an electric truck for urban use/light hauling and whatever else people use trucks for these days that makes them so popular makes sense.

Ford has pre-orders for 200,000 of the F-150 Lightning. But Tesla has pre-orders for 1.2 million of their Cybertrucks. That's one million more Tesla trucks folks. I guess that's why Ford hit $24 and TSLA was hovering around $1200.

I bought Ford at $9.95 a few years ago because of the dividend. So, I am looking pretty smart on that one at the moment. The trick is to not hold on after it reaches the peak, if there is one.

Back