Ford makes more gains in quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Ford Motor makes more gains in quality
Staff and wire reports
New Ford Motor Co. models had fewer problems in their first three months of operation than Honda models, according to the latest initial quality study conducted for the automaker by the RDA Group of Bloomfield Hills. It showed that the Dearborn automaker is neck-and-neck with Toyota Motor Corp. in terms of the initial quality of 2009 model year vehicles, and is in a statistical tie with both Japanese brands when it comes to customer satisfaction. "This is truly a significant accomplishment for us," said Bennie Fowler, group vice president for global quality at Ford.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20090...ains+in+quality

But look out after 3 months...I always like these reports... Any car should be good after 3 months...lets talk a few years down the road.....

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
Really that tells a lot to the consumer....

Says a lot to me. There may be some out there somewhere, but I have not seen any "original" 53 year old Toyotas running around lately. I happen to own two Honda products and they are fine automobiles, but my Mercury is also a fine automobile. There has been some kind of Ford product in my family since 1933, and there will be more in the future.

Originally Posted By: Johnny

Says a lot to me. There may be some out there somewhere, but I have not seen any "original" 53 year old Toyotas running around lately. I happen to own two Honda products and they are fine automobiles, but my Mercury is also a fine automobile. There has been some kind of Ford product in my family since 1933, and there will be more in the future.

Johnny, how much do you drive that jewel? I liked those old Y-blocks.

Because of past luck with them I would not buy one. I belive in a second chance but after that no way for a third chance....

So, in other words, you're totally closed to the idea that they might improve. That's cool. Must be easy being you, not having to think and all.

Since Mazda is related to Ford, I wonder if Mazda is making the same gains in quality. I am somewhat interested in that 2010 Mazda 3.

Originally Posted By: XS650
Originally Posted By: Johnny

Johnny, how much do you drive that jewel? I liked those old Y-blocks.

I put about 3-4K a year on it now. Only during the spring and summer months. It will hit 100K before the end of this summer.

Yes I am closed to Ford... Just like a lot of people if you purchase a car and you have good luck with it you will be a repeat consumer of that brand... If it turn out to be bad you will purchase another brand...I had two fros and had many problems with both of them.. Have had three Honda in our family and nothing to complain about....So yes when it come time to purchase again it will be a Honda...Why you ask....because I continue to have good luck with them....

I should ask my friend who purchased a used Honda Civic and then had to drop 3 grand into a new transmission a year later if he'd buy another one.

When I drove it (before the transmission went into permanent neutral) I told him the transmission felt weird, not right.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Since Mazda is related to Ford, I wonder if Mazda is making the same gains in quality. I am somewhat interested in that 2010 Mazda 3.

Ford sold their share of Mazda. They're no longer affiliated.

Yes I am closed to Ford... Just like a lot of people if you purchase a car and you have good luck with it you will be a repeat consumer of that brand... If it turn out to be bad you will purchase another brand...I had two fros and had many problems with both of them.. Have had three Honda in our family and nothing to complain about....So yes when it come time to purchase again it will be a Honda...Why you ask....because I continue to have good luck with them....

We get it. Stop trolling the thread.

Well if I had that problem with my Civic...No I would not purchase another Honda...But like I said I have no problems with them....My two Fords can be summed up as Fix Or Repair Daily..they both fit that very well...

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

We get it. Stop trolling the thread.

He has a right to his opinion from past experiences, as do we all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back