Ford EVs can now charge at Tesla Superchargers

I guess Tesla is finally using real leather instead of over stuffed cheap plastic vegan leather. LOL
No, they quit using real leather almost 10 years ago. It feels more rubbery than Mercedes MB-Tex. I wish they offered cloth as an option.

I guess Tesla is finally using real leather instead of over stuffed cheap plastic vegan leather. LOL
No, they use the same faux leather as Lexus, I believe. Tesla calls it "vegan leather', which in the end,is a fancy name for some kind of plastic. The only leather on the Model 3 was the early steering wheels, like my car.

Tesla now uses a bamboo-based sustainable leather alternative, supposedly as “buttery-soft” and similar to lambskin. It’s five times lighter than cow leather, scratch-resistant, stain resistant, and water-resistant, making it ready to take on the beatings of car seats.

The new seats are great. Here's the new seats, the standard and the Performance seats, extra bolstered with the Ludicrous badge. They may be the same as the Plaid seats, not sure.
1716342535587.jpg

1716342348473.jpg

Last edited:
The F-150 Lightning and Mustang Mach-e can now charge at Tesla Superchargers using a free adapter.
Who's your Daddy?
This is good for Ford EV owners, maybe no so much for Tesla owners waiting to charge...

It is likely a billion dollar business for Tesla by 2030. They continue to add capacity based on demand and are starting to add pull through stations for the CT and Lightning.

View attachment 206229
They just fired their entire Supercharger team on a whim because the lady who ran it would not agree to further reductions in a direct discussion with Elon. So the next day he terminated the entire division by executive fiat.

When people say that one of the reasons they don't like Tesla because of Elon, stuff like this is the reason why.

If I had a Mach E or Lightning, using the Tesla branded chargers would be a nice option but I would use it only as a last resort if no other L3 fast charging brands were available.

I really think that Elon has taken this company as far as it can go and it is time for new leadership.

Will this help reduce the 300+ day supply of new Mustang Mach- Es sitting on Ford dealership parking lots?

Amazed how poor selling the Mach- E is. Actually, nobody should be surprised for numerous key reasons.
The cabin is not as spacious as the Model Y and ID.4, and I'm sure people are cross shopping those. It is definitely the Mustang of EVs, but is that really what people are looking for?

No. The Tesla automobiles are simply excellent EVs while everyone else is mediocre to bad.
Don't agree here, just kept my parents ID.4 for 2 weeks and that's the 4th time I have done this when they've been out of the country. The ID.4 is an excellent vehicle and it's easy to live with, even with only L1 charging available in my garage.

I do not have direct data; no.

Per Tesla, there's no problem:

But, I can read all the articles which decry the charging system issues such as reliability problems, capacity problems, etc ...
etc ....

And let's not forget the problems from the cold snap a few months ago ...

I'm not saying EVs are bad; I think they make good sense in some limited applications.

What I said before, I still stand by now. Adding more demand to a system which clearly has reliability and capacity issues isn't going to make it any easier to use an EV. Some problems are weather related. Some are related to vandalism. Some are equipment problems. Some are capacity issues. Etc ...
I am supposed to believe that all these articles above (and many, many more not listed) are coming from thin air? Or are they founded in some conspiracy to disparage EVs? Any one person may have a reliable network near them; that's good! But that does not mean that reliability and capacity are universally abundant, and the sheer volume of articles decrying the problems cannot be ignored.
I normally think your posts are excellent, but, it appears here that you have have zero personal experience with the subject. Reposting media articles does not really cut it for actionable advice. We can all repost media articles, and a lot of people here do just that, often.

I'm not saying we should not be ignorant and not read media on the Internet. But at this point the shark has been jumped on EV opposition. There is more to be gained by experiencing things personally then there is further parroting media articles, when the topic is EV adoption. They are purely in the realm of opinion, IMO.

They just fired their entire Supercharger team on a whim because the lady who ran it would not agree to further reductions in a direct discussion with Elon. So the next day he terminated the entire division by executive fiat.

When people say that one of the reasons they don't like Tesla because of Elon, stuff like this is the reason why.

If I had a Mach E or Lightning, using the Tesla branded chargers would be a nice option but I would use it only as a last resort if no other L3 fast charging brands were available.

I really think that Elon has taken this company as far as it can go and it is time for new leadership.
I think his attention span is short and he got bored of EV already. Most of his focus would likely be either AI, rockets, or self driving. While I think nobody else could have brought Tesla to where it is today, he obviously see at least the supercharger network no longer being a secret weapon to bring people into the Tesla market. I have a feeling he is forced to do it unwillingly (not making enough money, need funding, or political pressure to open it up) and he just decided to cut off future development, seeing it as an already sold off business.

I wouldn't be surprised if supercharger would be spun off eventually, and stop growing its footprint.

Back