Forbes- Worst-Made Cars on the Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the fact that the sales followed the current split in market share almost exactly means nothing in this context?

In any case, you have rszappa agreeing with you, so you must be right.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
So the fact that the sales followed the current split in market share almost exactly means nothing in this context?

Qship1996 and rszappa1 are drunk on kool-aid
34.gif

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

34.gif

Dude, facts are facts.....almost all clunkers traded in were domestic brands, and less than 40% were replaced with domestic brands.....seems like the domestics lost 60 percent on this program alone,no? simple math where the numbers are crystal clear.

34.gif

They say every pot has a cover...I think rszappa1 found his cover...rszappa1 and Qship1996 make a awesome pair.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE

34.gif

They say every pot has a cover...I think rszappa1 found his cover...rszappa1 and Qship1996 make a awesome pair.

Dude, facts are facts.....almost all clunkers traded in were domestic brands, and less than 40% were replaced with domestic brands.....seems like the domestics lost 60 percent on this program alone,no? simple math where the numbers are crystal clear.

Originally Posted By: qship1996

If you notice, most clunkers were ALSO SUVs. Explorer, Grand Cherokee, F-150, all big trucks/SUVs with poor fuel economy. THAT is why they were c4ced, not because they were Pieces of garbage.

I see you fail at logic.

The vast majority of vehicles were trucks and SUV's. Go figure, domestics occupied the highest percentage in this segment.

When they were traded in for CFC, the options on what you could trade in ON were quite limited. And definitely not tipped in favour of vehicles produced by the domestics.

Go figure, the segment of what has traditionally been held by the Imports; ECONOMY CARS, were what these vehicles were traded in on.

So, lets try on the logic hat.

SUV/Trucks from the 80's and 90's. Vast majority are going to be domestic.

New vehicle, most were economy cars.... A segment held traditionally by the Imports. Go figure, they got the vast majority of the CFC sales.

These are some pretty basic concepts to grasp here.... If it wasn't for the jade and zeal, I'd have some hope of you and troll-zappa understanding them. But whilst he's a hopeless headcase, I imagine there might be some logic left in you!

Originally Posted By: labman
Could never have to do with the big 3 having built more of the larger cars in the past that many people wanted? Small, high millage cars weren't eligible.

Oh my God, I agree with labman
grin2.gif

Hummmmmmmmm, Most of the vehicles that could be traded in were D3. Most of the ones that could be purchased weren't. Amazing and signifigent that there was a net move away from the D3.

This is the best you can come up with?

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
34.gif

28.gif
.....BITOGS own Click and Clack

I guess these buyers were smart enough to avoid the higher MPG cars made by the big 3? Certainly they could have bought Cobalts/malibooboos,aveos,fuzions, and all the other higher mpg domestic dreck instead of civics, corollas,sentras and all the other vehicles they did purchase......you guys just cant admit this entire program was a wake up call for the big 3......their loyal customers switched to the imports, and joined the enlightened millions before them

I'd say you were wrong.

1: Ford Focus

2: Toyota Corolla

3: Honda Civic

4: Toyota Prius

5: Toyota Camry

6: Ford Escape

7: Hyundai Elantra

8: Dodge Caliber

9: Honda Fit

10: Chevrolet Cobalt

I guess these buyers were smart enough to avoid the higher MPG cars made by the big 3? Certainly they could have bought Cobalts/malibooboos,aveos,fuzions, and all the other higher mpg domestic dreck instead of civics, corollas,sentras and all the other vehicles they did purchase......you guys just cant admit this entire program was a wake up call for the big 3......their loyal customers switched to the imports, and joined the enlightened millions before them

Enlightened like flying an explosive laden tin-can airplane into a city in the name of honour to declare war. Yeah, that's pretty enlightened. Maybe you and rzappa1 should give it a try.

No need for personal attacks....we are just discussing how individual consumers decided the best use of their hard earned dollars.........and we all, as US taxpayers unfortunately own a piece of GM, and want it off our books.

Last edited:
Yes, guys, everyone chill. State your case and stay on the high road, please. The internet is a lot of things but short on space it's not. Plenty of room for everyone's opinions.

EDIT: and besides, I really hate to be bothered locking down a thread -- please don't make me do it. . .
cheers3.gif
And heaven forbid that we might just decide to tear a page from Maxima.org's playbook -- they used to have a public "ban log". It was sort of a modern e-pillory where all can go to gleefully review the misconduct and fate of the busted few.

Last edited:
No need for personal attacks....we are just discussing how individual consumers decided the best use of their hard earned dollars.........and we all, as US taxpayers unfortunately own a piece of GM, and want it off our books.

Well, I don't drive anything GM. The last GM product I owned was built in 1985, and it was FREE. Every vehicle I've bought has been domestic, and they have all been Ford. Unless you own stocks, you don't own ANY of Ford, and in the "lump 'em and roast 'em" Import fanboy circus, you seem to be including them in your jaded quest for whatever the [censored] recognition you seem to be seeking here.

And that's ignoring the fact that we have painted the pretty logical play-out of how Cash for Clunkers went. And whether you have a personal vendetta against GM, Ford OR Chrysler, and perhaps have a sordid love affair with the big H, or twisted T, I still don't see how that logic is any less clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back