Forbes- Worst-Made Cars on the Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to drive something dependable and long-lasting, steer clear of these vehicles.

With a 22% improvement in sales last month, and despite the six-month, $4.3 billion loss it announced Wednesday, General Motors is likely to have its strongest spring and summer in years. Plus, the automaker had critically acclaimed new products at the recent New York Auto Show and the much-anticipated Chevrolet Volt is due out this fall.

Year-over-year sales of GM's Cadillac division alone are up almost 76%; sales in the Buick, Chevrolet and GMC divisions were each up more than 40% for March. The industry as a whole was up 24.3%.

Unfortunately just because GM's cars are selling well now doesn't mean they're the best bet for durability or value -- yet. It'll take awhile before GM's new direction shows up in tangible new products at the dealership.

Four of the seven vehicles on our list of the worst-made cars on the road come from GM brands. And all of the cars on the list -- including Chrysler's Dodge Nitro and Jeep Wrangler -- are made by Detroit's Big Three. Only one car on the list is made by Ford Motor (NYSE: F).

Click for rest of story: http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/109278/worst-made-cars-on-the-road?mod=family-home

People seem to buy G.M.and Chrysler no matter how poor the quality is . But from my experience all cars nowdays are poor quality. I have been looking for a new car and they all sicken me . Build quality ,the designs ,the looks.

I dont hink that is any surprize to anybody.....business as usual for the big 3. Pump out junk, and discount it until it sells on price alone.

Last edited:
Egads, not another domestics bashing thread?!?!?!
18.gif

Originally Posted By: brandini
It's not bashing if it's a fact.

Yes, Ms. Hannah Elliot at Forbes is well respected in the Lifestyle commentary community as being the most factual in stating opinions about lifestyles....

Directly from Forbes: "Hannah Elliott is a Lifestyle Reporter at Forbes, focusing on cars, culture, luxury, and a life well-lived." HA!

I wouldn't put much stock in that list.

A pile of general statements like 'one of the worst in it's category' doesn't mean much to me.

It's just an opinion peice of the author.

Jeep Wrangler? Really? What a bunch of idiots. Put cars offroad and your beloved toyota camry will fall apart withing an hour, a jeep will be going for years.

ADMIN ACTION: Fictitious quotation removed. Do NOT alter another member's posting, and place it inside quotation marks (or the board equivalent thereof). He didn't say that, period, improper to suggest otherwise. Make your comment as your own, or not at all please.

Fixed it for ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: USA1

Directly from Forbes: "Hannah Elliott is a Lifestyle Reporter at Forbes, focusing on cars, culture, luxury, and a life well-lived."

That's awesome! I wonder how they lumped in "cars" with the rest of that high-brow stuff?

Really unfair to label the Big 3 as all junk, like some people do. Granted, with the F250 for example, I've personally known a couple of people who had MAJOR problems with these newer 250's...something with the new variable valve motors in them, some oil starvation...know two people who put new motors in them at under 75K miles. But...there are plenty of well built vehicles from the Big 3. My wife drives an Odyssey, 2008...has 24K miles on it..already a brake and power steering pump recall and replacement on it.

So, Forbes based an opinion off of opinions of CR & JD Power? Impressive!

"Predicted Reliability" is always a good one.

I doubt Forbe would have the capability to rate cars based on technical/reliability merit. I have no idea what they are aimed at.

Two things:

If I go to Google, and type in "worst made cars on the road" guess which link comes up as the first one? Please, if you're going to bash domestics, at least do a little more work and not come across as a lazy misfit.

Secondly, here's the link to her bio on Forbes: http://blogs.forbes.com/booked/author/helliot/ She looks to be all of about 15 years old, and her opinion oh so does not matter to me. Maybe her opinion on the latest Hanna Montana movie, but not autos.

BTW, little girl's email address: helliot_at_forbes.com

grin2.gif

You know, the Wrangler is the just about the only SUV on the planet that is still worth a hoot offroad in stock form... but give it enough bad reviews and they'll finally go ahead and ruin it completely just to shut up the "critics." Nevermind the large group of people who could care less about "harsh ride" and "manners" on road if it still crawls over rocks. Apples and oranges, people. Apples and oranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back