For now, I'm giving Mobil 1 the benefit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

As I described in a previous post, I chose to not post the G.C. curves here for a number of reasons which remain valid.

Tom,

You and I have chatted before without rancor. I certainly hope that I come off as an irascible old farte without any particular axe to grind, as you come off as a fellow with an inquiring mind who has a bona fide interest in knowing what makes things tick.

Given the conspiracy theories your comments seem to have provoked, let me ask you a couple of questions.

Based on your procedures do you feel confident you can reach any statistically valid conclusions as to the makeup of the entire Mobil 1 EP line?

Based on your procedures do you feel confident you can reach any statistically valid conclusions about the makeup of any Mobil 1 non-EP formulas?

Mickey

At this point, the disappointment in ANY M1 formulation being mostly gruop III is the issue and the tested 5w30 EP may be their most popular Visc. The feeling is that if they're willing to comprimise that product, they should be suspected of doing so on others. I'd like to see the 0w40 tested as I think it's the most likely to be mostly POA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back