fogging oil spray

Can this be used for purposes other than engine internal protection for long storage application.

What makes it different to the lenkes of WD 40 , duckoil and similar (non silicon) maintenance spray? Ingredients, viscocity???

thanks

When I had boats, the marina used it to winterize boats. I've seen them start a old chevy v-8 that was sitting outside for at least 10 years, and it started surprising easy, and only smoked for about a minute, then stopped smoking altogether. So I would say it does work for long term storage. The reasoning behind how it works is, when spryed into the intake manifold, it burns and tends to cling to internal parts. I would say it does that alot better then just spraying WD 40 in there. That stuff will evaporate in a little while, leaving no protection behind.,,,

Reactions: JC1
your question is vague, and leaves no details on what you are hoping to protect, or store...so really, no good answer can be given.

I can say that this stuff is amazing for rust protection...I spray it on all metal surfaces exposed to the elements.

My intention is to use it as a general purpose maintenance spray: lub, rust protection but not penetrating fluid (like wd40) and finally less runny

Can this be used for purposes other than engine internal protection for long storage application.

What makes it different to the lenkes of WD 40 , duckoil and similar (non silicon) maintenance spray? Ingredients, viscocity???

thanks
WD 40 is a water dispersant (WD) not a lubricant or protectant.

My intention is to use it as a general purpose maintenance spray: lub, rust protection but not penetrating fluid (like wd40) and finally less runny
Yeah, you can use it for many things, actually makes decent penetrating fluid.

thanks

Will put one on my shopping list and would also try it on my motorcycle chain🤞

1628777502871.jpg
I use this for several purposes. It has cleaning properties and lubricates.

For this I use fluid film. Just great stuff. Or Boeshield T9 if I need a dry coating.

both products look very interesting with emphasis on anti corrosion protection.
I do use AFC50. Wonder how different they are

Back