Flew South, now driving a clunker home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made it home, though it desperately needs a fuel filter. I punched it pulling away from a tollbooth and slurped something bad up.
frown.gif

Here's a pic of where it sat when I bought it at some industrial park:

IMG_20150618_130724_244_zpsjrhiqibj.jpg

More later. Video will be shorter but more dramatic.

Looks like an older black BMW coupe in the background. That would have been tempting to buy if it were for sale.

The guy also had a mid 60s F100 that was painted with house paint he was fixing up, and needed money from this. I could have snuck a pic, but didn't.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Wow man you're brave hopping in and driving that...how many miles??

The odo stopped at 169k so it doesn't have any more now than it did before.
crackmeup2.gif

I spent less time sweating in the cavalier but I mentally prepared for a "cool car" more like the benz.

Oh, there's a vacuum leak so every time I stop it I have to open the hood to shut off the motor. I stopped at the "auto diesel" pump in NJ and was legitimately wondering if I could pump my own, as it's not "gasoline". The attendant thought it was pretty sweet and offered me a rag "to check my oil" as I tried to quickly yet subtly open the hood, shut 'er down, and make sure she wasn't putting unleaded in.
wink.gif

Is that even possible? Legit question, most of these seem to have a chalky patina. I kinda like it. Critic could fix it.
laugh.gif

You HAVE to try M105 on it. I have seen videos with paint coming back to life. Do you have Ultimate Compound and a foam pad that you can try a tiny patch by hand?

By the way, my offer is legit too! If you are in my area, definitely drop by. I would love to get together with you and and that 300D.

Last edited:
Adjusted the valves. All were very tight. Waiting on a VC gasket to see how it runs.

Took back my caliper cores. The Carquest in Westbrook ME closed a month ago; a sign in its former door read to go to Advance next door. So I do. They look at me like I have two heads when I want my CASH back, and give me store credit. Near-useless scrip that won't spend online with coupons.
frown.gif

At least since they don't stock w123 parts anymore, I can special order it, and pay full price.
mad.gif

RE the cash: My hot little credit card pooped out in Northen VA due to triggering a fraud algorithm. My wife, standing guard at home, corrected the problem instantly, but by the time I was buying calipers, I had paid cash anyway. If you want your credit card to cut off when you need it most, get Chase!

In other news my mail order (rockauto) Centric brake hoses are Chinese made by "Goodride". I'm appalled. JHZR2 would be mortified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back