Flew South, now driving a clunker home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you going to flip this car like the Cavalier, or is this one a keeeper? Were you the one who had an old Mercedes like this and you painted it blue with a roller brush, or was that someone else?

Originally Posted By: exranger06
Were you the one who had an old Mercedes like this and you painted it blue with a roller brush, or was that someone else?

Did you think it looked good?

Lol, it was very nice.
thumbsup2.gif

My late uncle used to manage Wagner Paints in Edmonton. He was at our farm for a visit many, many years ago, and gave the old grain truck a quick spray with whatever he had on hand, no prep whatsoever (not even cleaning). It's held up to this day without rusting through.
wink.gif

Thanks for posting the pics and story ... I wouldn't drive more than 20 miles to buy a car, but an interesting tale all the same.
55.gif

Update: Saw my old cavalier on fb marketplace, up to 78k miles now.

How do I know it was mine?

Still clean, mileage makes sense. But the featured car has no rear window defrost! Not sure if it's a legal requirement or just distribution logistics but all cars in the Northeast had, and have, them.

Originally Posted by eljefino
Update: Saw my old cavalier on fb marketplace, up to 78k miles now.

How do I know it was mine?

Still clean, mileage makes sense. But the featured car has no rear window defrost! Not sure if it's a legal requirement or just distribution logistics but all cars in the Northeast had, and have, them.

Could've had the rear window broken and the no defrost option was cheaper haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back