First oil change on small engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread with all the bickering and one-upsmanship is why I hardly ever get on this web site anymore let alone post. Opinions are criticized and the topics of the threads are never followed. Everyone needs to look back to the beginning and see how Bob ran this site. People posted interesting and informative data that was done scientifically AND unscientifically, but people were never berated or made to feel stupid!
All of us are on here because we love engines and the lubrication side of them. We all have our own expertise'.
Go ahead and flame me. I'm just sick of the "never am wrong mentality on here"
Pete

So, if we disagree, we're not permitted to express that opinion?

That certainly doesn't sound like healthy democracy to me.

Suppose that will be classified as "bickering" also.

There are generally two camps on this forum. Those who profess/recommend excessive maintenance and consumption and those who suggest practical consumption and maintenance due diligence.

It would appear that in some cases, some people have something to gain by promoting excessive consumption. Whereas, those who support reasonable maintenance have nothing to gain.

Call it bickering if you prefer. It doesn't really matter as long as people looking for information and guidance get to see/hear both sides of the argument. After all, we wouldn't be doing anyone much of a service if we were all nothing more than spokesmen for oil companies now would we? If that were the case, people could get everything they need to know by visiting the oil company sites. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back