First new vehicle purchase

BD14006B-1373-46DB-ACA4-33D99D028D57.jpeg

Never thought I’d see the day when I bought a brand new vehicle. Never thought I’d be ok with paying (almost)msrp but here we are!

Needed a vehicle that would fit the whole family and our Explorer only had 6 seats. So with baby number 5 on the way it was mini van time.

2022 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L plug in hybrid. Had it 2 weeks now and so far so good. It doesn’t get the 60 mpg the Prius did or have the get up and go of our Explorer Sport but is capable of replacing them both with one vehicle.

CB CONGRATS ON YOUR PURCHASE! We have had 3 minivans. All were Dodges, and I had great luck with each of them. The first one was a 1995 model that I had leased. Second was 2003, model that we bought used, and Third was 2012 model that was totaled in multi-vehicle sandwich accident.

Never thought I’d see the day when I bought a brand new vehicle. Never thought I’d be ok with paying (almost)msrp but here we are!

Needed a vehicle that would fit the whole family and our Explorer only had 6 seats. So with baby number 5 on the way it was mini van time.

2022 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L plug in hybrid. Had it 2 weeks now and so far so good. It doesn’t get the 60 mpg the Prius did or have the get up and go of our Explorer Sport but is capable of replacing them both with one vehicle.
Do you find your usage profile works well with the electric range? And what kind of mileage are you getting?

My condolences.

Different vehicle, but my favorite newly purchased minivan was our 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SE. It was a great value, rode and drove excellent and served us well the 4yrs and 70K miles we owned it.

Do you find your usage profile works well with the electric range? And what kind of mileage are you getting?
Not right now as my wife has a long commute to work. When she gets on maternity leave the more frequent short trips should be where the plug in hybrid aspect of it shines.

Currently showing 30 mpg average. I believe epa average was 35/35 but I know how the wife drives so 30 sounds about right.

I never thought I would buy a new vehicle ever - until 2008 when with the housing collapse used vehicle prices were high and with rebates certain new vehicles were cheap, so on a whim I bought my Xterra. It now has 384K miles on it. Drove it about 100 miles in the last couple days.

My new strategy to beat the system is to buy exactly what I want new - and simply keep it forever.

Enjoy - congrats on the growing family.

Best of luck with your new purchase. I hope nothing bad or expensive happens to it.

Did you trade in your explorer sport? i didn't want to trade in my venerable 2005 yukon when I got the 2021 escalade two years ago. I don't really trust these new vehicles to last so i still use my old suv a lot and lessen the wear on the new one and to have a backup incase it broke down which it already has. I could never be with just 1 family vehicle.

I always thought I'd never own a minivan. But eventually we did get one when our kids were small. The practicality is unbeatable. We especially loved it for vacations. Congrats!
Most still scoff at the idea of a Minivan, while preferring the visual/aesthetics of an SUV.
Only once you own one, do you understand the superiority of a minivan over the SUV (with regards to practicality and useable space).

Best of luck with your new purchase. I hope nothing bad or expensive happens to it.

Did you trade in your explorer sport? i didn't want to trade in my venerable 2005 yukon when I got the 2021 escalade two years ago. I don't really trust these new vehicles to last so i still use my old suv a lot and lessen the wear on the new one and to have a backup incase it broke down which it already has. I could never be with just 1 family vehicle.
We sold the Explorer outright to the local Ford dealership when we ordered the Pacifica. My truck will seat 6 but not comfortably so that was the family vehicle until the Pacifica in, with the Prius being used as commuter/slash not everyone is going car. We sold the Prius to the Ford dealership as well since they offered more as a cash buy than the CDJR dealer did for trade in.

A Crown Vic seats 6, not sure why you didn't go that route...the BITOG special! Seriously, congrats on the vehicle and baby! What engine does it have? Do they use the 3.6 in the hybrid ones or the 2.0T like the 4xE Jeeps?
I tried for a Maurader when we got the Explorer. The wife hates the look of all the panther platform cars though.

It has the 3.6.

Most still scoff at the idea of a Minivan, while preferring the visual/aesthetics of an SUV.
Only once you own one, do you understand the superiority of a minivan over the SUV (with regards to practicality and useable space).
The wife and I both wanted a mini van for the functionality when we got the Explorer. The combination of me being employed at a Ford Dealership and a 2 year old 40k mile Toyota Sienna leaving us stranded on a test drive led to us buying the Explorer Sport. Which was her top choice on based on looks and features.

Back