Filters swapped in store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
package switching on filters isn't nearly as common at my store than package switching with wiper blades...

people will bring in their old blades, swap the old and new in a package, and walk out with the new blades

or they will switch the expensive blades into the cheap blade packaging and end up buying bosch marathons for basic model anco prices

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Don't the people at Wamart in the return department even look at the stuff that's being returned?
crazy.gif
I mean, anyone could see that an oil soaked oil filter being returned is a scam.

Some do, most don't. A while back, I return two jugs of PYB 10W-40 (They we're not the recommended weight for my model year) and the lady check to see if the foil was remove but realized that the sharp plastic ring-thing on the cap was not cracked yet. She end up unsealing it by accident.

Seeing swapped filters annoys me. Here are a few D+ swap with cheaper filters.
IMG_2189_zps958a52cf.jpg

IMG_2190_zps79f416c3.jpg

Worst, someone returned a used filter. This one caught my eyes because the box was dirty. You can see the label coming off the can and oil on the base plate.
IMG_1839_zpsa2150f27.jpg

I swear, if I see a Purolator Classic in a Fram Extra Guard box; someone needs a beating because they're only about $0.50-$1.00 different.

Originally Posted By: MNL
I swear, if I see a Purolator Classic in a Fram Extra Guard box; someone needs a beating because they're only about $0.50-$1.00 different.

That's probably how KevGuy gets his orange cans ... plus, everyone in the store thinks he's getting a Purolator.
laugh.gif

The "personal injury law" business has made shop lifting control expensive, especially if the loss prevention staff isn't well trained. Who pays for the "lifting" ... not Walmart, the customer does.

I was in the Walmart store in Columbus, Nebraska today and a stylist at Quick Cuts said a young child was lost in the store for over an hour yesterday. The police were called in and the scene was right out of an old Ben Turpin movie.Walmart seems to be losing the PR game. Most of their employees look like they are one step from being derelicts and they move around like Step and Fetchit. Just finding one is problematic, and when you do find one, they don't know squat about anything. I did notice that the Bosch and Fram Ultra oil filters come in a tamper resistant box.

Originally Posted By: Hosteen
Most of their employees look like they are one step from being derelicts and they move around like Step and Fetchit. Just finding one is problematic, and when you do find one, they don't know squat about anything.

+1 ... My thoughts too.

I agree most people that work retail are not the smartest or the best dressed.

I was at a Walmart in Boynton Beach, FL and I heard 2 employees constantly using the N-word.... having an argument who would clean up a mess on the floor. Both of them looked like they just walk out of a housing project.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
I agree most people that work retail are not the smartest or the best dressed.

I was at a Walmart in Boynton Beach, FL and I heard 2 employees constantly using the N-word.... having an argument who would clean up a mess on the floor. Both of them looked like they just walk out of a housing project.

This is a very disturbing reply in so many ways. I know I would get banned immediately if I were to give an honest reply.

I was in Walmart today and saw a fram ultra 7317 in a Bosch 3323 box then I looked at the only remaining XG7317 box on the shelf which had the D+ inside .... someone must've changed their mind.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Forgot to post this. When I went to wally world to buy the PP 0W-20 and the Motorcraft filter. There were a bunch of opened filters- including a Fram XG, the expensive one. I looked inside and there was a FRAM extraguard in the box. I found an employee and told him and he didn't seem surprised at all. It's unbelievable.

Believe it. Around here, people will punch a hole in a baggie that contains two o-rings and steal just one. They're too cheap to pay the 69 cents for the pair.

The reason things get overlooked at the cs desk is not that the employees suck or are dumb as everyone thinks.. It's that there's not enough hours budgeted to run the desk and do it properly. All the companies say there are enough hours but then a line builds and management gets on them for the line and they take shortcuts.(the reason mgmt gets on them is because you have about 20 people a day emailing corporate complaining and trying to get a gift card out of it)

Usually cs desk associates are the better/more experienced cashiers because there's a lot of room for theft up there.

I went to Lowes the other day to get a gas cap for my lawn mower, and forgot what size cap it was. I looked at some other mowers to get an idea, and two or three of them had no gas tank cap at all, brand new mowers I mean. I guess someone needed a cap, and instead of buying one, just took one off a new mower. This sort of thing is really disturbing. Do people even realize the cost passed down to honest consumers when they do such stuff as that? Makes me wish I could sneak up behind them with a shovel, and could draw back and plant it right on their heads.

Originally Posted By: thomasew
Makes me wish I could sneak up behind them with a shovel, and could draw back and plant it right on their heads.

That would be fun!
grin.gif

Makes me wish I could sneak up behind them with a shovel, and could draw back and plant it right on their heads.

That would be fun!
grin.gif

Doing that, both of you would not need a gas cap; you would need bail money and a lawyer.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Nick R
Forgot to post this. When I went to wally world to buy the PP 0W-20 and the Motorcraft filter. There were a bunch of opened filters- including a Fram XG, the expensive one. I looked inside and there was a FRAM extraguard in the box. I found an employee and told him and he didn't seem surprised at all. It's unbelievable.

Sorry but IME it is totally believable. My local WM is a real mess and that may be one of the reasons I will only buy sealed containers. If it's been handled excessively I pass...

+1. I've not been to a wm that wasnt a mess. I totally believe it too - wm appears to draw a lower-end crowd who is likely less respectful than other stores (people of Walmart?). Sure all different folks shop everywhere, and rich people also rob Nordstrom, but it is still entirely believable.

I wonder what target's shoplifting rate/theft losses are compared to walmart.

Sealed everything seems just smart to me beyond the theft aspect, due to less contact with dirt and air.

This sums up Walmart 100%. If it wasn't for engine oil I'd never set foot in one.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

That would be fun!
grin.gif

Doing that, both of you would not need a gas cap; you would need bail money and a lawyer.
lol.gif

nope, as long as there is no camera on that spot and no witnesses you're good to go. we need more vigilant citizens to get involved.
It is were me seeing a thief doing that I would immediately ask for the store manager and then have them search for the act on their security cameras. Then I would head out tail the perp and turn him in to the store and police. The only way these increasingly belligerent thieves will stop is when they think they have a good chance of being caught.

Last edited:
Yupp when I go to Wallyworld I see that ALL the time, I mean they must lose big $ each year on that, However Im sure they write it off, but I think thats pretty cheap for someone to do.

I saw a Fram Ultra filter box and inside was a Fram Ultra Gaurd. Each time I go to Wallymart I tell the Manager and say you guys should put up a Camera or even a FAKE Camera just so people think they are being watched....

Im sure people know better to try this at AutoZone or any other part store.

but that is a funny pic, b.c I see that stuff all the time.

My local Walmart uses a temporary service to staff their stocking crew. My company also uses employees from the same temporary service. We constantly catch these employees high on heroine or drunk. We have had to fire many before for failing sobriety tests or literally falling over on the job high.

I think it these types of temporary services that are dragging down both companies. They pay by the day, which seems to attract a certain type of person. I know there are plenty of honest people out there but I wish my company would stop dealing with the temporary service and hire full timers.

Do all Walmarts use these pay by the day temp services?

Originally Posted By: David1
Yupp when I go to Wallyworld I see that ALL the time, I mean they must lose big $ each year on that, However Im sure they write it off, but I think thats pretty cheap for someone to do.

I saw a Fram Ultra filter box and inside was a Fram Ultra Gaurd. Each time I go to Wallymart I tell the Manager and say you guys should put up a Camera or even a FAKE Camera just so people think they are being watched....

Im sure people know better to try this at AutoZone or any other part store.

but that is a funny pic, b.c I see that stuff all the time.

Isn't a fram ultra box supposed to have a fram ultra filter in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back