Filters swapped in store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
My local Walmart uses a temporary service to staff their stocking crew. My company also uses employees from the same temporary service. We constantly catch these employees high on heroine or drunk. We have had to fire many before for failing sobriety tests or literally falling over on the job high.

I think it these types of temporary services that are dragging down both companies. They pay by the day, which seems to attract a certain type of person. I know there are plenty of honest people out there but I wish my company would stop dealing with the temporary service and hire full timers.

Do all Walmarts use these pay by the day temp services?

Must be regional. Here the stock staff are actual employees and not temp agency staff

It's mostly third shift that uses temporary workers as far as I know. When I get off work on second shift and end up at Walmart on third shift I sometimes see people I know.

This is why I go to the "Old School" auto parts stores like Federated. You just pull up a bar stool and have the filters brought up from the back. Of course, your only 2 choices there are Hastings and Fed house brand (by Hastings) but those aren't bad choices.

Originally Posted By: WMSmotorhead
This is why I go to the "Old School" auto parts stores like Federated. You just pull up a bar stool and have the filters brought up from the back. Of course, your only 2 choices there are Hastings and Fed house brand (by Hastings) but those aren't bad choices.

Where I live the population is probably 200. Our local NAPA is in the next town over, about 6 miles away. They have the same kind of store, bar stools at the counter, all the major parts, filters, wiper blades, etc., behind the counter. I enjoy going there, just to hang out with the other guys that are hanging out. We talk about the local area news and things in general. And , that NAPA honors the flyers that are advertised online. I also buy SOME parts from them.
BUT I refuse to pay their marked up prices on items that I can get at my local WM, for SOMETIMES up to 50% less!
People can keep that big lump in their throat called PRIDE, and not swallow it because they hate WM. But that's their right. I sure am NOT going to stop shopping at WM!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: David1
Yupp when I go to Wallyworld I see that ALL the time, I mean they must lose big $ each year on that, However Im sure they write it off, but I think thats pretty cheap for someone to do.

I saw a Fram Ultra filter box and inside was a Fram Ultra Gaurd. Each time I go to Wallymart I tell the Manager and say you guys should put up a Camera or even a FAKE Camera just so people think they are being watched....

Im sure people know better to try this at AutoZone or any other part store.

I think not, they will try it ANYWHERE! I manage an O'Reilly store and I lose $300 - $500.00 each month to theft. And, yes we do write it off as a loss, but even written off, a loss is a loss and ultimately the honest consumer is the one who inds up paying for their dishonesty.

but that is a funny pic, b.c I see that stuff all the time.

Originally Posted By: thomasew
I went to Lowes the other day to get a gas cap for my lawn mower, and forgot what size cap it was. I looked at some other mowers to get an idea, and two or three of them had no gas tank cap at all, brand new mowers I mean. I guess someone needed a cap, and instead of buying one, just took one off a new mower. This sort of thing is really disturbing. Do people even realize the cost passed down to honest consumers when they do such stuff as that? Makes me wish I could sneak up behind them with a shovel, and could draw back and plant it right on their heads.

Back when I was a young teen a neighbor teen used to do fake phone orders to the local pizza chain. Then, a half-hour before closing he'd go into the pizza store and offer to buy any undelivered pizzas for a few dollars. (He was into a lot more than that, this was just one thing.)

He repairs diesel '80's Mercedes today and tries to turn them for a profit. I wouldn't trust him even today.

Today my local Thai restaurant keeps a phone+order database. Before you order take-out you give them your phone number and they check your order history and name before you're allowed to place an order.

Originally Posted By: WMSmotorhead

"Which filter would you prefer?"

"Which ever is Hastier."

wink.gif

Lol... The really common Ford filter LF-110 in Hastings Only costs about $2.50 in Fed brand and 5$ in Hastings... that competes with the Mart stores on price. I have 2 cars that take that one... the silly little Focus filter is 6$ or 10$... Guess they make less of those.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: MNL
I swear, if I see a Purolator Classic in a Fram Extra Guard box; someone needs a beating because they're only about $0.50-$1.00 different.

That's probably how KevGuy gets his orange cans ... plus, everyone in the store thinks he's getting a Purolator.
laugh.gif

Okay, I seen it all...

I stop my Walmart today to pick up a Purolator 14612 for the Nissan Versa. I open the box as usually to check for dents and was surprised by this.

IMG_4069_zpse1145496.jpg

I didn't know what to say. The oil filter (Fram High Mileage) was clean and there was no oil on the box, so that ruled out a returned used filter. More confusing is the fact that the Fram HM4967 is equivalent to a 14476, not the 14612. I check the only three HM4967 boxes and they were all sealed. So either someone believe a Purolator would look better in a $6.47 Fram HM box, or they made the switch, give up and some unfortunate guy pay for a HM filter just to find a Puro that won't fit his car.

Or .... Someone could have put the more expensive FRAM in the cheaper Classic box to get a cheaper price, got home and found out it didn't fit, then returned it in the Purolator box. Then made a similar switch again with the right FRAM he actually needed.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Or .... Someone could have put the more expensive FRAM in the cheaper Classic box to get a cheaper price, got home and found out it didn't fit, then returned it in the Purolator box. Then made a similar switch again with the right FRAM he actually needed.

That's possible too. Either way, it's just wrong. Imagine if I did buy that Puro and found out it was swapped with a Fram at home. A second trip is no fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back