Fiesta, Yaris or Fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive liked the yaris (yarii?) that Ive had to drive, sometimes for extended ranges. The fit MPG is poor, at its rated value you might as well go for a more substantial car.

The Fiesta I believe gives 40 MPG, but if rumors are correct, the next focus will give 160 hp and 40 MPG. If that is the case, I cant see a reason to do with something else as it is a bigger vehicle for the most part. Probably more utilitarian space than anything but the fit, and with far better MPGs.

The overall gas mileage for the base '11 FIT with the 5 speed auto is 36 m.p.g. . Best tank was 39 . The car has less than 1,800 miles and oil life is at 90% . This is on the same track for gas mileage as the 2010 3 door YARIS w/ the 4 speed auto we traded in towards the FIT .

If you are driving that much, why not consider a Prius or a TDI? If you are mainly driving highway and not stop and go, TDI would probably be a good choice.

I don't quite understand the anti GM thing here...the bail out saved hundreds of thousands of American jobs. But then again, I don't understand the appeal of Rand Paul, either. I think we all have a responsibility to take care of each other and look beyond out own selfish interests, and Gov't has a role in facilitating that. Anyways...

I DO understand the appeal of the Fiesta S sedan, so much so that after driving all the comp out there..bought one. It is a truly 'Premium' small car: Superbly well engineered with a lot of neat mechanical features, refinement, and 39-45 mpg. And it's a hoot to drive, it is solid and secure and smooth and quiet, you do not get the sense that you traded down for economy. The Fit and the Yaris feel positively primitive in comparison. And the base Fiesta with no added goodies...with discounts and rebates... should run you around $12k before tax and fees.

Go buy one, it is a superior automobile, economical, refined, and utterly reliable (Mine's 6 mos/7k miles).

None of the above. I'd look at the bottom level of the next segment: Elantra, Focus, Cruze, etc. They all get just as good MPG as their tiny counterparts. I am starting to see a lot more Fiestas. At first, there were none.

One year and 11,000 miles with the Fit and zero problems. I was going to buy the Fiesta, but glad I didnt. First year models sometimes have problems and the Fiesta has been way worse than average. If the Mazda 2 had been available then, I would have considered it as well.

Originally Posted By: Patman
The new 2012 Hyundai Accent is worth having a look at, the price is very good and the fuel economy is excellent! It comes with a 6 speed manual transmission too, something quite rare in this price range.

+1. Check out the thread in the vehicles section on the accent.

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
One year and 11,000 miles with the Fit and zero problems. I was going to buy the Fiesta, but glad I didnt. First year models sometimes have problems and the Fiesta has been way worse than average. If the Mazda 2 had been available then, I would have considered it as well.

What problems are they having?

Originally Posted By: yaris0128
A base model Nissan Versa comes standard with AC and its 10k for the sedan. Epic price.

Maybe so. But wouldn't you want cruise and a radio? The base only comes pre-wired for a radio! Now that shows the bean counters got involved (likely only to say that they have the lowest starting MSRP of all OEM's)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back