$9995 Ford Fiesta 2000 mile report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted by Elkins45

I bought a new 2019 Ford Fiesta S for $9995, plus taxes a couple of months ago. Now that I have driven it 2K miles I thought I would pass along some initial impressions.

.*I'm glad it has a manual transmission. I can't imagine how hard that 1.6L engine would have to work to turn a slushbox.
*It's getting between 35-38 mpg, so no complaints with gas mileage.
*Build quality is surprisingly good. Seriously, I'm actually impressed with the fit and initial quality.
*It drives better than I expected for an econobox. Not as buzzy or as jarring as I expected.
All in all I feel pretty good about my

I had driven a rental automated Fiesta and there was no loss of power around town. Because there was " No Slush in the slush box " - as no lossy torque converter is used on these transmissions. Still I would say you are better off with a MT due to reported reliability issues with the automated version.

I would rank it at the top of sub compacts I had driven at the time - except for lack of real "dig" when you nailed the gas - but only one sample and ot was an autotrans in hot Florida. Killed its genetic brother Mazda2

Great deal! Are these discontinued?

Use the finest Full >real< synthetic oil in these engines.

The Mazda2 is alive and well at your local Toyota dealer.

You haven't had to change the spark plugs yet. Step 1, remove intake manifold...

Originally Posted by Aredeeem
Geez dareo, that hurts. I've got a 2012 Versa. 72k so far so good. And It's got cruise control!

Originally Posted by JLTD
Wow, great deal! Ford's site shows starting $14,xxx. Was it the manual that got the price down since "no one wants one"?

That would be my guess, combined with the fact Ford isn't going to be selling them in the US next year.

Originally Posted by Aredeeem
Geez dareo, that hurts. I've got a 2012 Versa. 72k so far so good. And It's got cruise control!

Do you have the ultra base model that often sells for under 10k new, or one with good options? I mean no offense either way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back