Fedex is on a roll lately -- late deliveries

So every business that's struggling to get people to work is in this situation because everyone who normally fills these positions is now working better jobs?
And, you know, a lot of people died.

Screenshot_20211201-080228.jpg

FedEx is pretty terrible. Dealing with this today. Waiting on three packages for a project - slated for delivery yesterday.

The main 1-800 number is useless. It’s very hard to get to an agent, and the agents are English challenged and trained poorly to parrot specific lines. When they gave me poor information, they kept saying over and over that the escalation department was overbooked handling high priority packages like cancer medications. I asked my questions five different ways and got the exact same response.

Then I get a phone number another way, not through fedex, and they track the packages and get conflicting info. One track says they’re in Ohio based upon gps, but they’ve been scanned in nj, and one thing says they’ll come today while another says Monday.

All I want is to pick up at the facility.

Actually all I want is delivery on time. Now my project will be delayed by weeks.

and one thing says they’ll come today while another says Monday.
This is generally the case when your area offers Saturday (and/or Sunday) deliveries. It seems like Fedex's tracking system or the one that gives the estimated delivery date presumes NO weekend deliveries. When they arrive on a Saturday or Sunday, I consider it a "bonus".

You are referring to Fedex GROUND, correct ? They are two very different services between Ground and regular Fedex.

This is generally the case when your area offers Saturday (and/or Sunday) deliveries. It seems like Fedex's tracking system or the one that gives the estimated delivery date presumes NO weekend deliveries. When they arrive on a Saturday or Sunday, I consider it a "bonus".

You are referring to Fedex GROUND, correct ? They are two very different services between Ground and regular Fedex.
Packages were shipped ground. We have a Fedex ground and a fedex home delivery hub next to each other a few mikes away. I suspect being in a densely populated area between two major cities that all sorts of Fedex capability is around here…

4.6% unemployment rate is VERY unrealistic.

Lots of folks are no longer being counted.

Last edited:
People laid off have ‘fallen off’ unemployment and no longer counted, their benefits simply ran out.

Recent college grads entered a bad job market because of Covid and want a $60K+ job...... not a part time job at Starbucks or retail. They keep applying to higher paying jobs that require a degree, still living with their parents but refuses to accept a McJob or retail job for the time being.

Basically they would rather live in mommy’s basement with no job than accept a job a high school student would be working, they have waaaaay to much pride.

“My _____ degree entitles me for $50 an hour because I’m very special.” :unsure:

Last edited:
People laid off have ‘fallen off’ unemployment and no longer counted, their benefits simply ran out.
Correct and this has always been the case. I don't disagree with the 'logic' either. To me, unemployed means a person lost their job and is most likely looking for replacement employment. If after 12-18 months they haven't found anything, things are either really, really bad or they're not trying (or are too picky).

I have one right now with FedEx Home delivery, they didn't pick up the package until after 24 hrs when it was ready for them and then it sat at their hub for another 48 hrs, it was supposed to be delivered today per their system but there is no way when it was last scanned this morning in IL and it's coming to VA.

They all suck....
Got settlement papers today.
Sent from Florida to MD. By Priority on 11/15....

Fed EX constant delays as well as UPS although UPS here is currently the best.

FedEx is the worst. I ordered an item on Home Depot's website for delivery to the local store. The store notified me that it was ready for pickup yesterday. This is the tracking information:

Shipped via FedEx
Hide Shipment Events
December 29, 202105:16 amAt local FedEx facilityEast Point, GA
December 28, 202108:36 amAt local FedEx facilityEast Point, GA
06:16 amIn transitEast Point, GA
05:25 amIn transitSouth Fulton, GA
December 27, 202105:25 pmIn transitSouth Fulton, GA
05:20 amIn transitSouth Fulton, GA
03:19 amIn transitEast Point, GA
December 26, 202103:19 pmIn transitEast Point, GA
03:19 amIn transitEast Point, GA
December 25, 202103:18 pmIn transitEast Point, GA
03:18 amIn transitEast Point, GA
December 24, 202103:14 pmIn transitEast Point, GA
December 23, 202110:03 pmDeparted FedEx locationEllenwood, GA
05:48 pmArrived at FedEx locationEllenwood, GA
03:05 amIn transitMayflower, AR
December 22, 202102:55 pmIn transitGroom, TX
01:47 amIn transitMonticello, UT
December 21, 202112:43 pmIn transitWells, NV
12:27 amLeft FedEx origin facilitySparks, NV
December 19, 202108:51 pmArrived at FedEx locationSparks, NV
04:44 pmPicked upSparks, NV

Once it arrived in Georgia it bounced around like a ping pong ball.

Don't feel bad, I'm in the process of trying to get information on a missing $4000.00 refund check for medical insurance reimbursement that was mailed out via USPS on 11/19/21.
The company that sent the check cannot do anything until after the holidays.
The situation at this point is that if the check has not been cashed, they will cancel it and issue me another. If it has been cashed, I will have to take the issue up with the bank that cashed it.
I hope to find out the status next week.

My most recent personal shipments have included Fedex being substantially late and Ontrac (i call them Offtrack) being a day early. Go figure.

If it has been cashed, I will have to take the issue up with the bank that cashed it.
Don't let them push you around like that. Until you receive the check, it is NOT your problem. It's not your responsibility to deal with some random bank either, a bank you likely have no relationship with.

Don't let them push you around like that. Until you receive the check, it is NOT your problem. It's not your responsibility to deal with some random bank either, a bank you likely have no relationship with.
I don't plan to just roll over if that check has been cashed. I will update when the company gets back with me next week. My guess is that it was delivered to the wrong PO box and just tossed. I get a lot of other peoples mail placed in my PO box. If it looks like something that is just junk mail, I just toss it. I used to go the counter and say that this is not my mail. The response was "just toss it".

Don't feel bad, I'm in the process of trying to get information on a missing $4000.00 refund check for medical insurance reimbursement that was mailed out via USPS on 11/19/21.
The company that sent the check cannot do anything until after the holidays.
The situation at this point is that if the check has not been cashed, they will cancel it and issue me another. If it has been cashed, I will have to take the issue up with the bank that cashed it.
I hope to find out the status next week.
Issue resolved. The check was never cashed so they placed a stop payment on it and will be sending me a new check this week. :)

FedEx is better when they don't have possession of the item for a long period of time. Each day they have it, the bigger the wounds on the box. On a positive note, they delivered a WalMart dot com order in 1 day. Yes, just one day. Even better as it was a shipment I needed quickly.

Back