FB forums are almost all censored nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds familiar…
IMG_8423.jpeg

Almost every forum I frequent now states that the Admin or Moderator has to approve a new post before its posted. Never saw this as much as I see it now. What a shame! Anyone else notice this?
There are groups that remove these restrictions after you prove yourself to be a legit real person and not a spammer. Groups are usually under the control of the owner and it's not FB that's removing content. It's no different than the moderators removing posts and shutting down threads here.

Last edited:
censorship is at an ALL time high!! anything big $$$ dont want you to know gets censored IMO. censoring is higher if it can cost sales + even giving your opinion from something you read that MAY help someone with issues especially health is rarely allowed. i read a lot on line about health BUT I I I made the final decision based on MANY information sources + thats as it should BE!!
Nonsense. Opinions on the far left and far right have never been so prevalent and so easily accessible in the public arena.

I'm one of the few people I know who is passionately middle of the road. Lost some friends the last 10 years but I don't really care, I'm just tired of all the BS on both sides. Consipracy theories out the wazoo. Posturing on social media.

I work in cybersecurity engineering. Show me the packet capture (pcap) or it's bs.

"In God we trust. All others, bring data"

All I know is I have an android phone that I purchased and am the owner.

Google decides what apps I can download, and prevents me from downloading apps that might interfere with their business model.......not so many years ago that practice by google would have been illegal. Restraint of trade.... but today, somehow what Google and a handful of high tech companies are claiming they are protecting us...... sure.......and who at google gets to decide what apps to allow me to use, and what apps I am not allowed to have/ use? Who is this person??

I think the CCP follows a like model.....

Can you give an example of Google's controls having a real-life impact on a legit application? In my experience, the opposite is the problem, there ends up being malware apps on Google Play and we have to block it on our MDM solution. We generally have less problems with the Apple application store and all of our work issued mobile devices are iOS e.g., iPhones, iPads.

I understand the concern that Google does not want apps the interfere with their ability to make money, especially in the security space where Google ads and trackers are blocked by certain apps. But in my experience I don't have problems to download such things.

Doesn't only apply to the so called "mainstream" media. Everyone has an angle and are beholden to their advertisers at some level.
Americans should expect media outlets like The NY Times, MSNBC, CNN, Fox etc....to report news and not to spike certain stories and hype certain stories based on politics. That's what PRAVDA does.

Can you give an example of Google's controls having a real-life impact on a legit application? In my experience, the opposite is the problem, there ends up being malware apps on Google Play and we have to block it on our MDM solution. We generally have less problems with the Apple application store and all of our work issued mobile devices are iOS e.g., iPhones, iPads.

I understand the concern that Google does not want apps the interfere with their ability to make money, especially in the security space where Google ads and trackers are blocked by certain apps. But in my experience I don't have problems to download such things.
One app I believe google forbids is Truth Social. That is fine if people don't like the promoter of that application. But to have someone at google decide what a private citizen can and can't use is disturbing.

I can only promise you this. If there was free market in phone operating systems, free market in search engines, and free market in broadband, and free market in cell service---- you would not be seeing these tech companies banning certain stuff. The ban is not to promote a certain party- it is to keep the status Que so these organizations can continue to operate without competition due to restraint of trade and other associated privileges the big tech companies receive from the very successful work of their lobbyists.

I just Google " Truth Social" and it was the first hit. If Gon cant see it - must be a Firewall thing. Somebody tell him- he blocks my posts! Talking about censorship!

One app I believe google forbids is Truth Social. That is fine if people don't like the promoter of that application. But to have someone at google decide what a private citizen can and can't use is disturbing.

I can only promise you this. If there was free market in phone operating systems, free market in search engines, and free market in broadband, and free market in cell service---- you would not be seeing these tech companies banning certain stuff. The ban is not to promote a certain party- it is to keep the status Que so these organizations can continue to operate without competition due to restraint of trade and other associated privileges the big tech companies receive from the very successful work of their lobbyists.

You really don't know what you're talking about. Here's a screenshot from the Google Play Store...
Screenshot_20230912-191306.png

Reactions: CKN
This threads just begs for a comment that will close it. But as much as I am tempted -I won't.

You really don't know what you're talking about. Here's a screenshot from the Google Play Store...
View attachment 178248
I've never tried to download Truth Social. Only read articles about Google's blocking it from being downloaded from the play store. This is what wiki states Google's justification was:

On August 30, 2022, Google stated Truth Social's content moderation did not meet its standards to be available on Google Play, the default distributor of Android apps, due to violation of Google's policies prohibiting content with physical threats and incitement to violence.

I've never tried to download Truth Social. Only read articles about Google's blocking it from being downloaded from the play store. This is what wiki states Google's justification was:

On August 30, 2022, Google stated Truth Social's content moderation did not meet its standards to be available on Google Play, the default distributor of Android apps, due to violation of Google's policies prohibiting content with physical threats and incitement to violence.

They own the Play Store and it's their right to not host an app that doesn't meet their guidelines. The app publisher can post the .apk to their website and Android users can download and install it on their own. Either way, Google is not controlling your device or telling you what can't be installed on it.

All I know is I have an android phone that I purchased and am the owner.

Google decides what apps I can download, and prevents me from downloading apps that might interfere with their business model.......not so many years ago that practice by google would have been illegal. Restraint of trade.... but today, somehow what Google and a handful of high tech companies are claiming they are protecting us...... sure.......and who at google gets to decide what apps to allow me to use, and what apps I am not allowed to have/ use? Who is this person??

I think the CCP follows a like model.....
You are not forced into google play. Ummm ... CCP? You dont believe a business has the right to do business as it wishes and have a political oversight committee run it? That would be something out of N Korea, time has proven that does not work. I think even China might be more liberal. ;)

You are not forced to buy their products.
BTW- there are many third party stores you can get your apps, maybe you are afraid to "chance it" go outside the protected "zone" that Apple and to a must lessor degree google offers?
(just having fun here)
Here you go, download to your hearts desire!

You are not forced into google play. Ummm ... CCP? You dont believe a business has the right to do business as it wishes and have a political oversight committee run it? That would be something out of N Korea, time has proven that does not work. I think even China might be more liberal. ;)

You are not forced to buy their products.
BTW- there are many third party stores you can get your apps, maybe you are afraid to "chance it" go outside the protected "zone" that Apple and to a must lessor degree google offers?
(just having fun here)
Here you go, download to your hearts desire!

What if you buy a 2025 TSLA and TSLA decides where you can and can't go? You bought the car. But TSLA is able to prevent the car you bought (hypothetically) from going to certain places it has decided is not acceptable to the powers at TSLA.

Same thing with my Pixel phone that I paid unbricked and with cash. Google is deciding what apps a Pixel owner can and can't have. No different than an auto manufacturer with technology preventing you from going to a location it deems improper.

Think about it.....

Reactions: pbm
What if you buy a 2025 TSLA and TSLA decides where you can and can't go? You bought the car. But TSLA is able to prevent the car you bought (hypothetically) from going to certain places it has decided is not acceptable to the powers at TSLA.

Same thing with my Pixel phone that I paid unbricked and with cash. Google is deciding what apps a Pixel owner can and can't have. No different than an auto manufacturer with technology preventing you from going to a location it deems improper.

Think about it.....
You bought a google phone and you have to stick to the google store if I understand what you are saying. My only advice is to choose a different Android device.
I bought into the Apple world for many things, one of them is security. I was aware of this way before hand. I dont want apps not screened by them. If I cared I would get an Android phone and you can get any app that you want.

The TESLA thing is silly and not worth comment but if it was the case, then buy a different car.
Businesses have a right to run as they see fit (to a degree) last thing on earth I want is a panel, like in N Korea or China to decide what companies must and must not do. Freedom of choice rules and freedom to run my business as I see fit rules. You must know regarding APPLE that their success is based on its restrictive ecosystem. If someone doesnt like it, buy else where, meanwhile 50% or the people chose one company Apple do to their business model, not a politicians wishes, while the other 50% of the market is all other cell phone operating systems combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back