Fairlife milk prices

Here to rant, been a big fan of their milk...only lactose-free milk that tastes like milk. That being said, since the pandemic, their prices went up quite a bit, I was hoping they would settle down.

We stopped buying Fairlife a couple years ago, and now that I'm seeing commercials for their milk, it's a safe bet their $12/gal price will likely not return to a sane level.

Their containers aren't even a 1/2 gal, but for the consumers, always look at the price per quarter and do the math.

My wife drinks Fairlife 2% . It's about $4.50 for a 52 oz jug at WM .

My wife drinks Fairlife 2% . It's about $4.50 for a 52 oz jug at WM .
That's where we ended up buying from near the end, and IMO it's the best milk. However at $3 per qt I just can't justify it anymore....especially with a couple kids...lol.

That's where we ended up buying from near the end, and IMO it's the best milk. However at $3 per qt I just can't justify it anymore....especially with a couple kids...lol.

This is the true best milk. Straight from farm. I get their 1.5% or skim. They have whole also. $4 for half gallon and $3 back for returning bottle(s)

IMG_1754.jpeg

IMG_1755.jpeg

Fairlife is expensive compared to regular milk. But if compared to all the alternatives to real cow's milk, such as almond and oat drinks, it seems reasonably priced.

My wife and I have got a thing for the Fairlife chocolate milk. There is always two or three cartons in the refrigerator. It is one of the treats that we give ourselves. If I had a lactose intolerance, Fairlife would be my choice way ahead of the milk substitutes.

This is the true best milk. Straight from farm. I get their 1.5% or skim. They have whole also. $4 for half gallon and $3 back for returning bottle(s)

View attachment 222694

View attachment 222695
Every time I see someone post pictures of being able to get milk directly from a dairy, it makes me so jealous. When I was in my youth, my family got milk from a local dairy, in glass half gallon bottles, very similar to this.

When we got home, my mother would pour off a good share of the cream, and save it for whatever she was cooking. Sometimes I would beat her to it, and I would shake up the bottle and get a drink of the whole milk before my mother got to it. I loved that milk.

We used to buy fresh milk from the neighbor that had a dairy farm.
Unpasterurized and all. Probably not smart. but boy was that some good and rich milk!

All that cream on top, sure made good ice cream.
We survived the 1970's

Had a nanny goat as well, but did not care for that milk much.

Fairlife is expensive compared to regular milk. But if compared to all the alternatives to real cow's milk, such as almond and oat drinks, it seems reasonably priced
Just MHO....there is no milk that justifies $12 per gallon, not even $9.

Here to rant, been a big fan of their milk...only lactose-free milk that tastes like milk. That being said, since the pandemic, their prices went up quite a bit, I was hoping they would settle down.

We stopped buying Fairlife a couple years ago, and now that I'm seeing commercials for their milk, it's a safe bet their $12/gal price will likely not return to a sane level.

Their containers aren't even a 1/2 gal, but for the consumers, always look at the price per quarter and do the math.
Yeah I love fairlife and it's been on sale at Safeway. I'm not sure how they are the only lactose free milk that isn't sweet. Supposedly the byproduct of making lactose free milk is sweet. Have you tried the A2 milk? For me even though it's not lactose free it makes a big difference. Supposedly all milk used to be A2 but most is not now. How much is Fairlife in your neck of the woods?

Living in a tri-state area, it's comical (using warehouse club prices) that there used to be a $2 delta, DE vs. PA. Milk was in the mid $2's in DE, and the high $4's, in PA. NJ was in the middle, in the $3's.

I don't know how a farmer would be able to have his milk going for $2.xx/gal retail, the implication that for me is it's better to pour it down the drain, from my grad school training. Also, I don't know if farmers really exist today, anymore, or they're simply mega conglomerates.

I have seen people in DE with one of those flat carts and maybe 50 gal of milk on it. Dunno if the $2 price beats restaurant supply or why they'd have that many gallons.

I don't know how a farmer would be able to have his milk going for $2.xx/gal retail, the implication that for me is it's better to pour it down the drain, from my grad school training. Also, I don't know if farmers really exist today, anymore, or they're simply mega conglomerates.
While I don't know the specifics, I do believe there are significant milk farmer subsidies in place at the moment.

While I don't know the specifics, I do believe there are significant milk farmer subsidies in place at the moment.
That's what I was thinking, and what's interesting is I gripe about our real estate values here in PA being embarassingly low, but there are some crazy food prices to the low side. When I tell my buddy in Jacksonville, he'll say we have no such thing here....(example pork chops $1.99/lb for over 3 years, like a permanent sale price, etc. etc.). I know that when we have gone to restaurants in DC and NYC, it's complete sticker shock for us. We can find mom and pops here in Phila where the prices are still seemingly 2018 ones....

edit p.s. my son is 10 and he's never drank milk in his life. His Dr. said that's fine, those commercials have been proven wrong...

That's what I was thinking, and what's interesting is I gripe about our real estate values here in PA being embarassingly low, but there are some crazy food prices to the low side. When I tell my buddy in Jacksonville, he'll say we have no such thing here....(example pork chops $1.99/lb for over 3 years, like a permanent sale price, etc. etc.). I know that when we have gone to restaurants in DC and NYC, it's complete sticker shock for us. We can find mom and pops here in Phila where the prices are still seemingly 2018 ones....
The price you pay at a restaurant in DC or NYC has little to do with the cost of the raw food and everything to do with all the other costs associated with running a restaurant there. Go somewhere "nice" and now you're paying additional costs.

Back