Fairlife milk prices

Some bad press out there, easily searched involving cruelty to animals. Never touched the stuff after that.

Fairlife milk gives my wife and I the shlitz.

Only almond or oat milk for her.

I really don't "drink" milk of any kind, but real organic dried heavy cream and half-half for my coffees.

My wife drinks Fairlife 2% . It's about $4.50 for a 52 oz jug at WM .
Mine drinks Fairlife. It ain't cheap by any means. I got the stinkeye last time I bought store brand. I can't blame her, I find the taste of milk to be bad enough that if I drank milk, I'd certainly pay a premium for some that tastes better. The land o'Lakes lactose free half and half is crazy expensive and really hard to find in stock. The only place that carries it here is Wal Mart and it's very hit or miss.

I can see where the store brand varieties of items such as milk, butter and such could be considered commodities. But the premium items, like Fairlife, which has went through additional processing, considerably different than regular milk, really isn't.

It seems that it is unrealistic to expect specialty varieties of food items to be priced similar to the basic varieties. Butter is a perfect example, with grass fed varieties vs store brands. Organic vs regular produce. Store brand yogurts that can be had 3/$1 vs something like Chobani, which clearly has premium ingredients and processing, and costs 4x as much. And now, milk.

Fairlife milk gives my wife and I the shlitz.

Only almond or oat milk for her.

I really don't "drink" milk of any kind, but real organic dried heavy cream and half-half for my coffees.

I alternate between Apple Balley Creamery milk and un-sweetened almond milk

Back