Fair price for 2015 Tundra with 150k?

Asking for a family member who's considering buying a 2015 Tundra CrewMax Platinum 5.7L with 150k. Truck was from down south and is spotless underneath. Has 150k miles and is in overall very good condition with new tires and brakes. Personally I would not spend that kind of money on a 150k mi truck but it's not for me and he needs a new truck.

The seller wants $24,000 for it. I'm trying to advise him but the Tundras I see are going for crazy money now. Thoughts?

Is this a cash buy and he has plenty of money in reserve to fix those rare but stinging $1000-$4k repairs that crop up in something with high mileage ? Pricing in check however it does not buy trouble / maintenance free at 150k.

Last edited:
Price looks good. I presume a 2WD since it is from down south? If it's a 4WD then that's a great price.

Is this a private sale? If so, take it to Toyota to have a tech inspect it and get the repair history if the seller agrees.

15 Tundra.JPG

I've been watching Tundra prices very closely for several years. It's nuts.
A couple on my radar right now.
a. 2013 crew cab 1 owner SR5 1 owner 145k. 18.9k
b. 2017 crew cab 1 owner SR5 1 owner 190k 21k = I am sure this guy was driving interstate, after looking closely at the carfax.

Cannot believe I traded mine in 2021... and not for a price near that.

But it was a low end 4.6L model, so there's that.

Guess I timed that one wrong... had I known what the market would do, I would have taken the loan and kept the truck! Where is that crystal ball when you need it?

Anyhow. I can't imagine paying that price. On a cash sale, with plenty left in pocket, I guess that is now the going rate. But at 150k, spending all one's money on the down payment, that would be foolish, it's still 9 years old with 150k on it. Who knows what could break. But I have to wonder if that would sit at that price, supposedly the used market is getting soft.

Back