Epic fail - Cervelo frame made in China

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRed

Site Donor 2021
Next thing you know freakin' iPhones will be made in China. Wait a minute...

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Originally Posted By: JRed
Next thing you know freakin' iPhones will be made in China. Wait a minute...
An iPhone isn't 7-grand. For 7-grand, I expect a frame made in a first-world nation, not put together by kids making what amount to a fraction of what a Walmart greeter makes.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Really not surprised at all.
Oh, I didn't say I was surprised. Just disgusted.

You wouldn't worry about a bike that costs up to $7,000 having major parts like the frame made in china if quality is the same as far as you can tell? So you're happy to pay premium, top dollar prices for products made in china as long as the quality seems acceptable?

Not really. What proof is there that made in China makes it lesser quality than made in a first world nation? Vote with your $$$$ if you are anti China.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK so it costs the same to get equal quality from china crazy? So much junk is sold here from china why would anyone just assume a higher price makes it quality?

I didn't say it costs the same. I said quality doesn't recognize international borders. Perhaps the $7,000 bike would have cost $9,000 if made in Canada. Who knows? Also, if the country of manufacture means that much to you, perhaps you should find that out before paying $7k for a bike.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Buy a hand-made bike built in North America. Or a BMC, made in Switzerland.
THIS!

7 Grand for a bike? Now I know why I believe in gas engines. There is no way in xxxx I'd even be inclined to spend that kind of bucks on a bike, never gonna happen.

I guess the guys in the chinese factory must sort of know what they are doing, if they are building the lightest aeroframe in the world... But I would've assumed as well, that a bike in that price point is going to have a hand made frame from europe or NA.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I guess the guys in the chinese factory must sort of know what they are doing, if they are building the lightest aeroframe in the world... But I would've assumed as well, that a bike in that price point is going to have a hand made frame from europe or NA.
BINGO! Dad didn't check. He's not as actively anti-Chinese as I am when shopping, and this bike, for what it cost, well, he just assumed it wasn't going to be a Chinese frame.

Talking about Walmart... Why spend $7000 for a bike when you can buy one at Walmart for under $200 ? shrug For the record: I own some WMT stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.