First New Coffeemaker in 9 Years!

I get a new glass french press a couple times a year. Seems they aren't quite unbreakable yet. Had a plastic but it was picking up the coffee so I assume the coffee was picking up the plastic. Emergency use only now.

My coffee experience comes from making coffee for wife. I am a Diet Pepsi kind of guy.
From reading the main thing a coffee maker needs to do is to pump the hot water over the beans at the proper temp. So it needs to be more sophisticated than the basic Mr Coffee. The next most important thing is grinding in a knurl grinder then measuring with a scale. And mix in there some gourmet coffee beans and one should have an excellent cup of coffee.

My coffee experience comes from making coffee for wife. I am a Diet Pepsi kind of guy.
From reading the main thing a coffee maker needs to do is to pump the hot water over the beans at the proper temp. So it needs to be more sophisticated than the basic Mr Coffee. The next most important thing is grinding in a knurl grinder then measuring with a scale. And mix in there some gourmet coffee beans and one should have an excellent cup of coffee.
That's essentially it. It's the grind size and consistency and of coursebean quality. Water temperature 195-205. Brew speed.
This is what separates Moccamaster from Mr. Coffee or Hamilton Beach.

Back