Engine running only on oil additives, no motor oil.

What would those be?
In this case: "What happens if crankcase is full of off the shelf additives?" Plus a huge variety of other useless, but fun to watch stuff.
Let me be clear - none of their "testing" should be considered seriously. But for entertainment - I find them fun. It's always fun to see engines blow up, on someone else's dime. Garage 54 happens to have plenty of those dimes & engines rolling around. To answer the "What If?" questions that some gearheads may get while scrolling through their phone on the toilet lol.

In this case: "What happens if crankcase is full of off the shelf additives?" Plus a huge variety of other useless, but fun to watch stuff.
Let me be clear - none of their "testing" should be considered seriously. But for entertainment - I find them fun. It's always fun to see engines blow up, on someone else's dime. Garage 54 happens to have plenty of those dimes & engines rolling around. To answer the "What If?" questions that some gearheads may get while scrolling through their phone on the toilet lol.
If all you want to see is an engine “blow up”, skip the expense of multiple additives and just add sodium silicate and water to the oil. Cheaper and works great.

I remember the Honda that drove a few hours with maple syrup instead of oil.

About the same scenario
My co worker put a can of Wynns Supreme in an 89 Accord and forgot to add the remaining 3.2 quarts. Car left, no oil light…..they called the guy the next day and he came back. We added the rest of the oil and it survived.

Back