Engine running only on oil additives, no motor oil.

Garage 54 on YouTube never fails to answer questions that no one else bothers to answer. But I know for a fact that some gearheads had that thought at one point or another, but brushed it off as nonsense, or due to not having a sacrificial engine for the experiment. Everything in the video happened exactly like I expected, yet it was still interesting to watch.
Anyways - enjoy. Or ignore, if that's not your "cup of tea".

Love it.

7sbk43.jpg

I know it's me and I'm getting old and impatient. These videos are just too long.
And while the translations are perky and up-tempo, they sound retarded.
"So there you have it. You can't run an engine on two-part epoxy for long. What will we try next....." painful

I know it's me and I'm getting old and impatient. These videos are just too long.
"So there you have it. You can't run an engine on two-part epoxy for long. What will we try next....." painful
I usually skip through the "build" part of these videos.

Total waste of time!! I just went to the end. Smoked. Like it did before.

It begs the question, why?
Engine was obviously on its last leg, so as a fairwell they spent some money on additives, filmed it, and made a heck of a profit. Probably enough profit to pay for a new engine, but likely even more.
Who doesn't like to watch the proverbial train wreck!
Or in this case answered a question no one asked.

It's always fun to experiment with someone else's money.
Yes and Yes.

Reactions: a5m
Most additives are a huge % of engine oil.
Huh, where did you read that? :unsure:

So many questions, so little time. :rolleyes: How many miles on the engine? What was the condition of the rings and piston before the experiment? What was the previous oil change interval? Was the speced engine oil ever used? What was the viscosity of the additive mix? What did the VOA of the additive mix show? What did the of the additive mix UOA show?..................................................................................................................

Back