Engine oil for brand new 6.4 Hemi in Charger?

Didn't someone post a dispute over Proof of Performance testing- as in they expected Mobil to start at day 1 vs using still current data. At the time Mobil was on continuous taxi testing anyway …
That was Mobil's claim, quite a while later, as to why they weren't carrying the FCA approvals on any of the Mobil 1 products, that they hadn't completed the fleet testing component. However, Mobil Super and their cheaper oils all had the FCA approvals, it was only the Mobil 1 product line that had none of them, so I think they were just giving an excuse.

It wasn't until the ownership change to Stellantis that all of a sudden, the approvals started showing back up again.

That was Mobil's claim, quite a while later, as to why they weren't carrying the FCA approvals on any of the Mobil 1 products, that they hadn't completed the fleet testing component. However, Mobil Super and their cheaper oils all had the FCA approvals, it was only the Mobil 1 product line that had none of them, so I think they were just giving an excuse.

It wasn't until the ownership change to Stellantis that all of a sudden, the approvals started showing back up again.
I don’t think XOM needed an excuse - they are actually the stable company in this scenario …
(and IMO when hExxon executives selected the Mobil line up we knew they meant business) …

Overheard track side Trash Talk:
"Dodge still pretending those are Hemi CC in those heads?"

Enjoy your car. I would love a 292 scat with a stick -
but I love more the connectedness of mid 60's iron.

OIL? Stick car - higher HTHS;

Auto trans possibly allows a somewhat lower HTHS - but all with a good EP/AW package

Yes, it must have been quite embarrassing to have Stellantis show the Americans how to make a Jeep, a Ram, and high performance muscle car and tell them what motor oil they should use. ;)
And now the same clowns running Stellantis, are telling us no more Hemi powered Dodges, what they will give you is an electric motor with fake engine sounds. Say goodbye to Dodge, their traditional customers, will turn on their heels....and buy a gas powered Mustang. Bad move, I hear they got a drubbing from Greenpeace over selling gas guzzlers. As it is now, you cannot get a Hemi in any Grand Cherokee no matter if you spend 40k or close to 60k you get the same underpowered 3.6.
PS
I used Mobil 1 5/20 in my 07 Hemi Jeep since I've owned it, bought it in 09 at 25000 miles, it is now at 120,000, that's 95,000 miles on M1, and every oil analysis I have done has come back great. So much for FCA, & Stellantis.

FCA then Stellantis recommended Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-40 because they had a contractual agreement with them. When I had my 6.4 SRT8 Challenger I ran Mobil 1 0W-40 because the Pennzoil was unobtanium.
Yep. M1 FS 0W-40 and Castrol Euro 0W-40 are great examples of commonly available, SN-rated oils. I suspect they would work just fine in the Dodge, not causing future emission systems issues.

One could also run M1 ESP 0W-40 if future frightful emission systems issues are a concern. I suspect ESP is more expensive and less available...

Last edited:
Overheard track side Trash Talk:
"Dodge still pretending those are Hemi CC in those heads?"

Enjoy your car. I would love a 292 scat with a stick -
but I love more the connectedness of mid 60's iron.

OIL? Stick car - higher HTHS;

Auto trans possibly allows a somewhat lower HTHS - but all with a good EP/AW package
The 292 fake Hemi is more fuel efficient but 🐌

One could also run M1 ESP 0W-40 if future frightful emission systems issues are a concern. I suspect ESP is more expensive and less available...
The new M1 Supercar 0W40 (formerly known as ESP X3 0W-40) appears to have higher levels of P/Zn while maintaining a 0.8 SA. That's pretty impressive IMO. I think it would be a solid choice for this application.

1666720860391.png

Last edited:
Honestly just about any 40 grade euro spec oil will realistically do fine whether it's "officially certified" or not. I'd continue using QS euro 5w-40 as is listed in your signature.

And now the same clowns running Stellantis, are telling us no more Hemi powered Dodges, what they will give you is an electric motor with fake engine sounds. Say goodbye to Dodge, their traditional customers, will turn on their heels....and buy a gas powered Mustang. Bad move, I hear they got a drubbing from Greenpeace over selling gas guzzlers. As it is now, you cannot get a Hemi in any Grand Cherokee no matter if you spend 40k or close to 60k you get the same underpowered 3.6.
PS
I used Mobil 1 5/20 in my 07 Hemi Jeep since I've owned it, bought it in 09 at 25000 miles, it is now at 120,000, that's 95,000 miles on M1, and every oil analysis I have done has come back great. So much for FCA, & Stellantis.

Actually I just PDI’d a hemi GC L yesterday so they do still exist

Back