Empty lots

What are you expecting it to tell you? I just told you many of the cars are made in the US.
I don’t need to know anything about where cars are made. You, on the other hand, have obviously not done your homework.
It’s beginning to look like you are here just for trolling.

By the way, I feel like I worded my comment incorrectly, I don't race on the street to be blowing any one of the doors off I simply move with a sense of purpose so let's press that there, my apologies.

I don’t need to know anything about where cars are made. You, on the other hand, have obviously not done your homework.
It’s beginning to look like you are here just for trolling.
Don't start, you're stating that the cars are not made here than you're simply Incorrect and it appears You're simply trying to engage me now so you can think whatever you please you go right ahead and do that.

Happy New Year by the way and it is irrelevant where the parts are made, since you're suggesting that I might not know that they're possibly made in China they're also made all over the world including the US, let's argue.

Why thank you. I've changed out seats all by myself so I guess I do built not bought too. Your built car is a secret?
You're welcome. And let's set up a time and place to race and you'll find out all about what I have, with me that privilege is earned not given and all of my chinese-made stuff because I don't know that things come from China. What kind of seats do you have, happy if you changed yours.. okay, enough.

I'm giving you a compliment LOL because I have a sense of humor and everything is fine, the new year is upon us so let's make it the best one yet.

My last build was a 1986 Samurai that would give a poorly running moped a good race but it was fun in it's element. The Xterra has some minor mods sadly calling it a dog on the highway is an insult to dogs. You win by default.
I think you have an excellent taste in vehicles. I considered purchasing a supercharged Xterra, I decided not to, but I'm at the age where the stereotype says that I will buy a Corvette, C5 Corvettes appear to be the poster child of a vehicle for a midlife crisis..

People desire transportation and nice tech like apple play. Not engines ….
I disagree. In that case the vast majority of people are not pure drivers.

I'm confident that 75% or MORE of vehicle owners out there don't know, nor care, what engine they have in their car. You are right that the majority of people are "not pure drivers" and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

In that case the vast majority of people are not pure drivers.

I get what you're saying though I simply disagree the car has to be amazing on the road for me.
And what is being said is that's about 1% of the car buying public. One cannot project ones own preferences on the entire market. If BITOG set the market, we would all be driving cars with hand crank windows and manual transmissions. I'm thinking manual transmission new vehicles make up single digit percentages in North America these days.

We are likely over-represented where it comes to simplicity and good road manners.

What is a "pure" driver? I've heard of enthusiast, but "pure"?

Usually I think of "pure" as not being contaminated by anything else. Not sure if that means a pure driver could not be an auto mechanic, since they could no longer be only a driver.

If BITOG set the market....
I used to frequent a forum related to my satellite TV provider and had a signature that read (I don't remember it exactly) something like "(forum members here) are not your average TV viewers". That applies to EVERY SINGLE FORUM dedicated to anything. The average person doesn't frequent forums for their vehicle model, A/V equipment, tools, etc.

Usually I think of "pure" as not being contaminated by anything else. Not sure if that means a pure driver could not be an auto mechanic, since they could no longer be only a driver.
And I thought I was pedantic, LOL.

Low SAPS

I'm confident that 75% or MORE of vehicle owners out there don't know, nor care, what engine they have in their car. You are right that the majority of people are "not pure drivers" and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
And what is being said is that's about 1% of the car buying public. One cannot project ones own preferences on the entire market. If BITOG set the market, we would all be driving cars with hand crank windows and manual transmissions. I'm thinking manual transmission new vehicles make up single digit percentages in North America these days.

We are likely over-represented where it comes to simplicity and good road manners.
I agree with you both.

If BITOG set the market....

1. We do...

2. If that's not good enough for you, we make the market.

Just an observation but I get the sense that dealerships are consolidating inventory especially if they are in a group like most dealers are nowadays. That would save on sales employee salaries and such.

I see lots with plenty of cars and then I see lots that are sparse.

I can't believe how empty the lots are here on the Kitsap peninsula in Washington State. My wife even commented on it today.

Back