Elves' favorite filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
The elves love the M1 filter!
smile.gif
I am running the M1 filter on my VW GTI 1.8T. It was scheduled for an oil change today, but I'm only at 4500 miles, so I'm going to go at least another week on the GC.

offtopic.gif
Keep this on the D.L., as it would make the elves very upset. When I change the oil next week in the VW, I will be using M1 0w40 & a Purolator Pure One filter. The M1 0w40 seems to keep my engine very clean. The car seems a little happier with GC, but the engine doesn't stay as clean. I'm going to start alternating between GC & M1 every other oil change.

if that car doesnt make it too 500k ill be shocked, although if i could find it i would stay with GC

quote:

Originally posted by kcryan:

quote:

smile.gif
I am running the M1 filter on my VW GTI 1.8T. It was scheduled for an oil change today, but I'm only at 4500 miles, so I'm going to go at least another week on the GC.

offtopic.gif
Keep this on the D.L., as it would make the elves very upset. When I change the oil next week in the VW, I will be using M1 0w40 & a Purolator Pure One filter. The M1 0w40 seems to keep my engine very clean. The car seems a little happier with GC, but the engine doesn't stay as clean. I'm going to start alternating between GC & M1 every other oil change.

if that car doesnt make it too 500k ill be shocked, although if i could find it i would stay with GC

Well, if you get in your car and can beat me to the Autozone on 8th St here in the Springs (you'd probably only have to drive 175 mph) there were 3+ cases of 05 Green in the store last Sunday...if I go, I won't go until tomorrow.
grin.gif

quote:

smile.gif

The M1 0w40 seems to keep my engine very clean. The car seems a little happier with GC, but the engine doesn't stay as clean.

I would think the Elves would be
grin.gif
at an M1 filter being used with The Elixer. Now, an Orange Can of Death..that's a
nono.gif
(W2 I know you would never desicrate The Elixer with that..thing..I'm just proving a point
wink.gif
)

IIRC, doesn't the M1 0w-40 clean on a regular basis? I swear I've heard several people talking about how it cleans, and keeps their engines clean. I'm just curious because if it is a cleaning type oil, I know a few folks that could really use it..
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by bighead:

quote:

smile.gif

The M1 0w40 seems to keep my engine very clean. The car seems a little happier with GC, but the engine doesn't stay as clean.

I would think the Elves would be
grin.gif
at an M1 filter being used with The Elixer. Now, an Orange Can of Death..that's a
nono.gif
(W2 I know you would never desicrate The Elixer with that..thing..I'm just proving a point
wink.gif
)

IIRC, doesn't the M1 0w-40 clean on a regular basis? I swear I've heard several people talking about how it cleans, and keeps their engines clean. I'm just curious because if it is a cleaning type oil, I know a few folks that could really use it..
lol.gif

1. You're right about the orange death cans. I'll never use ANOTHER one. You see, I have to confess something....before I came to BITOG & became oil-informed last year, I used to get my VW's oil changed at Wal-Mart.
blush.gif
I purchased my VW used with 15k miles on it. Then, I had it serviced once at the VW dealer at 21k miles. From 28k-36k, I had the oil changed twice at Wal-Mart. They used SuperTech 5w30 & Fram Extra Guard filters on my VW 1.8T. I was a bad, bad boy.
frown.gif
NEVER AGAIN! Beginning at 36k miles, I've been doing it myself with either M1 or GC & OEM & M1 filters. The car has 55k miles now.

2. My results have been spectacular with M1 0w40. I even did a 5100 mile UOA on it & the results came back very good. It's buried somewhere in the UOA forums. It cleans my engine very well. The varnish that was present (peeking through the oil-fill hole) from the SuperTech dino was completely cleaned off by using M1 0w40. M1 even makes the cleaning claim of 0w40 on their website.
smile.gif

[ May 21, 2005, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: wavinwayne ]

quote:

Originally posted by rcy:
The elves are quite happy with my choice of a Mann filter on my Beetle (Mann being a german company), however, they jury is still out on the Beetle being made in Mexico.

Yes indeed, Mann and Mahle filters from Deutschland are quite right as well.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

Originally posted by rcy:
The elves are quite happy with my choice of a Mann filter on my Beetle (Mann being a german company), however, they jury is still out on the Beetle being made in Mexico.

Yes indeed, Mann and Mahle filters from Deutschland are quite right as well.

I found some AC Delco Ultraguard Golds, and that's what I have on my car now...so far it's a match made in heaven.
fruit.gif
Perhaps we could add this filter to the Elven Approval list?
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by mebanditws6:
The elves don't like cheap filters, especially those that don't flow well like the PureOne. Their favorite is the K@N.
grin.gif

Jason

Please, the Pure one flows well enough for any engine. Why would you use a cheap nitrile ADBV with $5 a quart motor oil?

-T

To the original poster:

Try out this filter...

Honda Part number for S2K Oil Filter
(Same filter as the HOP Hamps)
15400-PCX-004

Its not the Filtech regular Honda filter, its a Japanese made filter for the S2000, same filter as the $11 green HOP Hamp filters.

Okay pscholte, what is the elves current favorite oil filter? Currently I used a Mobil 1 in the larger PF52 size, but would also use a K&N or a NAPA Gold as well.

quote:

Originally posted by DeaconBlue:
Okay pscholte, what is the elves current favorite oil filter? Currently I used a Mobil 1 in the larger PF52 size, but would also use a K&N or a NAPA Gold as well.

Your second choice (NAPA Gold)...the Elf jury (that is something you ought to see
grin.gif
)is still out on the M1 Filter

Some Audi Dealer Mann filters say "30,000km/2years" on them. I suppose that these would be the choice of Audi dealers in Europe who go that distance on SLX II. I use them or BOSCH Premium.

quote:

Originally posted by Audi Junkie:
Some Audi Dealer Mann filters say "30,000km/2years" on them. I suppose that these would be the choice of Audi dealers in Europe who go that distance on SLX II. I use them or BOSCH Premium.

AJ,

I would go with the Mann if given a choice.

quote:

Originally posted by nick tennis:
Mann is the only non-dealer filter I can find for my BMW's.

What about Mahle and Hengst? Tell me what bimmer you drive and I can direct you to a place that sells them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back