Elf Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great oil. It has been discussed many times. Please feel free to do a search. There is an Elf sponsor on the board now as well.

As SSDude said, great oil. Havn't used it or seen many UOAs but it has a great reputation in Europe and racing worldwide.

quote:

They suggest a 5-9% fuel economy

I'd like to see that. Laurant told me that they switched a guy that races using Shell's 0w-20 racing oil to SXR 5w-30 and he saw HP gains. I'd like to see how this oil performs.

quote:

which elf oil for a 03 f150 5.4l????

I opted for the "SXR" 5/30 as I wanted to go with the manufacturers suggested weight for my 4Runner for all temps. You too could use whatever Ford recommends for the 5.4L motor. If 5W-20, then possibly the SXR 5/30 would be a good choice. You will likely only require an SJ rated lubricant for your application.

You can buy ELF oils from our Site Sponsor. Also mention BITOG, they have a discount for our members:

ELF OILS

smile.gif

Talk about the best of both worlds...we can have both ELF oils and Elf oils...is this a great country or what!?!

quote:

WHERE DID YOU FIND IT FOR SALE????

We have a site sponsor listed above. Thanks

[ February 23, 2006, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

Depends on the oil and your driving conditions...if it is an MB 229.1 rated oil, I would not go more than 6000; 229.3 or 229.5, I think you could go 8K safely. If you have concerns go 6K on any of them and do a UOA.

...Have 3/5L jugs of their "Evolution SXR" 5W30 on the shelf now to change up to in my 06 4Runner Sport V8 at the first oil change. They suggest a 5-9% fuel economy increase using it. We'll see! Certainly the Formula 1 based influence is a good indication as to the quality of the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back