Ea15k filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be a groove in the ADBV … I could only see part of this purple ADBV until I shined a light in the holes … it goes past all the holes …

E162C52E-45F0-46D4-B0F4-AB733F809C63.jpeg

Originally Posted by 4WD
Seems to be a groove in the ADBV … I could only see part of this purple ADBV until I shined a light in the holes … it goes past all the holes …

The part of the ADBV next to the holes is just the thick base circle that mates up to the corresponding flange on the base plate.

If you look at the RP ADBV cutaway, you can see how its sort of a U or W shape. It really covers the entire hole but its hard to tell from the outside. A few of the Amsoil and M1 filters I have cut open have the same design. So my feeling is there is no issue with the ADBV, but the oddball wire debris is odd.

So to update... I've heard nothing back from Amsoil and haven't received a filter yet (could be in the mail).

And I must say I'm not impressed with the filter I cut open... glue is all over (that's not dirt from my cutting open). And it was indeed wire (I'm assuming from the backing of the media that wasn't trimmed off properly?). I'll post those pics next. Also sitting flat on the counter, the top looked crooked (like the media was longer on one side verses the other.

I don't usually worry about the price and I've always been partial to Amsoil but I can longer justify to myself the price of these filters if this is the new(?) normal for them. My opinion is I'm very disappointed with this filter.

B0A0C688-CB7B-4E56-A6B6-4B89A95B41CE.jpeg

E8454C99-3FE5-4140-AC0B-15B919C31E74.jpeg

9FD82412-D893-4E27-9CBF-1CC9507BB530.jpeg

58E0B958-86A6-4CEE-96E0-1638396A4844.jpeg

4EB0E868-E8E6-4AAB-956A-96D6011A27D1.jpeg

Here are the pics off the wire that probly would of broke off and been floating around in the engine.

Not sure why the pics are sideways... sorry

7CA56884-0723-4ED2-83D1-8194B2A24EAE.jpeg

D75ACE3E-A3DD-48B3-8784-44E4A5343E81.jpeg

74472778-D945-4665-B828-5C77F55B5031.jpeg

So I just got off the phone with Amsoil after emailing them these new pics. The more I sat here the more I thought I needed to call. They did send a letter and filter which I haven't received yet and there is a case open and they are in checking with their quality control on these filters. So at least they are doing something about. I said a call back would of been nice but I guess they thought the letter was enough.

Going forward on metal core filters … will pass a magnet wand through the bore …
But can't say the ADBV is faulty … just put my RP on and will cut in a couple months

(Mounted base up … too pricey for science project dissecting)

Originally Posted by Lufty
Here are the pics off the wire that probly would of broke off and been floating around in the engine.

Is the media backing black wire, or is it some kind of stiff nylon material? Is it magnetic?

Even if it's nylon, wouldn't want it breaking off and going into the motor.

Not sure what that is … but I'm thinking once I'm out of stash filters and Fram has a 20+ psi out at least the size of XG10575 … (even the punch could leave a stray) …
Can't hurt …

fYI Champion Labs is just one of the manf. they use. These filters are assembly by automation and things can screw up. Friend got some K&N filters and when he opened the box one of them was in 3 pc's and K&N would not replace it because it came from AMAZON seller who was not an authorized reseller.

Last edited:
Yes the wire that holds the media is black.

But will a magnet stick to it? If not, then it's not metal and is most likely stiff nylon material.

Mike- I agree 100%, things do happen. I'm just glad I caught this (from frequenting bitog) and maybe someone else will remember to stop and take a min to look their filter over.

Zee, i pulled off a strand and it did stick to the magnet.

Yeah, bad news if that would have broke off.

Wow that's pretty bad that glue. I've not seen one like that in the EAO or EAK line.
crazy2.gif

They need to have some heads roll for QA wherever they are having these made. That's not acceptable. I cut open a few EAO's / EAK's over the years and I've seen some slightly messy glue but only on the ends where it came over the metal end-caps nothing like this mess above.

Thanks for the update.
thumbsup2.gif

Someone refresh my memory, but we've seen innards like these posted before..............

Wasn't it a Royal Purple filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back