Ea15k filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies guys. I received my new replacement filter from Amsoil. I'm so tempted to cut open and double check what this new one looks like inside (I may just keep a Hyundai filter on it). It looks like a different lot number to me?

To update about Amsoil. The first time I called I called the tech line (very nice but heard nothing back). The second time I called the customer service number. I though the woman I talked to (Kathy) was knowledgeable and listened to what I had to say. She also sent me 2 emails letting me know the tracking/delivery for the new filter that was coming. That was nice and very much appreciated! Just taking a quick second to send an email meant a lot to me and shows (to me anyways) they do care.

The other filter I WILL use on the Jeep Hemi but I'm pretty sure the one on there now (also an Ea15k50), the anti-drainback didn't cover the holes like this new one. I'll check when I do the oil change out of curiosity.

Edit, 1st pic is old filter lot number and the last 2 pics are the NEW Ea15k20

FD7D6948-CF22-458C-BBD2-B0B4CA1375FF.jpeg

8B16000B-0334-415C-A7BC-E1D3E7557813.jpeg

7292F18A-4075-4F1F-93B4-58F7C0756DCA.jpeg

^^^ Yeah, the ADBV setup looks different on the replacement filter.

Zee, sorry to confuse, those pics are just of the old/new filter I received. I just took a top and bottom pic the the new replacement filter I received to show the difference in lot numbers (incase someone was interested). It's not a pic of the filter with the anti-drainback valve covering half the holes I posted (in my first post) and like the RP that was posted also.

Originally Posted by Lufty
Zee, sorry to confuse, those pics are just of the old/new filter I received. I just took a top and bottom pic the the new replacement filter I received to show the difference in lot numbers (incase someone was interested). It's not a pic of the filter with the anti-drainback valve covering half the holes I posted (in my first post) and like the RP that was posted also.

I know, but if you compare the base of the old vs new filter, the ADBV on the new filter doesn't have the thick ring showing through the base plate hole (that I can tell from the photos). Plus, the new filter had 5 holes in the base plate where the old filter has 6 holes.

Old
[Linked Image]

New

[Linked Image]

That's because first is an Ea15k50 and the second is a Ea15k20. There two different filters. The Ea50 I was worried about the anti valve and the Ea20 had the wire/glue. The last pics I posted were just of the Ea20 replacement I received. Again sorry to be confusing...

D83CCC36-BB61-4BCC-B5FC-E7D9C5F20605.jpeg

Just came across this. Every Amsoil filter that I've ever ordered has come in its own little plastic bag inside the box and was in pristine condition… I'm thinking that they will trace this to whichever manufacturer did a poor job and maybe get them off of the supply line.

JLTD, I also have never had a problem with their filters until this. Yes they were wrapped in plastic inside the box and were ordered directly from Amsoil. I was told they were going to check with quality control and check the lot (as they asked for a pic with the lot number).

A4CB1A58-9B62-41BD-A649-EFA647EF21C6.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back