Dollar Tree Yesterday

It irks me when people really need help and can't get it. A local "homeless " guy that would panhandle at the local Safeway would show up in a BMW 3 series. I took video and said I'd post it on YouTube if he came back. He never did.

I hope you posted it anyway. He'll just go somewhere else :sneaky:

Last time I was at dollar tree I was stuck behind 2 people. Person number 1 was buying like 50 items (multiple similar items) and the lady at the register was scanning each one at a time I assume to waste time. I turned to the guy behind me who also only had a few items and questions why they dont have self checkout given that only 2 people work in the entire store. Person number 2 behind her was homeless, transgender, and perhaps mentally ill. Person number 2 smelled like :poop: and had a small roller suitcase. Person number 2 two kept repeating gibberish to themself such as "just steal it! just steal it! rob rob rob steal everything rob rob rob steal its ok steal rob steal" nonsense like that. It was driving me nuts, but I didn't want to get stabbed. When "they" finally got to the front, "they" were trying to return items with no receipt, and the register lady declined.
Dollar tree is walmart 2.0, maybe worse.

Last edited:
Last year I seen a guy at our local gas station begging for gas money for his late model Range Rover
I gave a little money to a woman at a gas station last year. She had a hard luck story and was in a beater. I felt bad for her and was in a good mood.

Then she starts telling me how she's crossing the country on some odd quest to spread the word of, er, a member of "the squad." I just rolled my eyes and went about my business. She's entitled to her mental illness. Then she starts screaming at me. I just laughed at her, and the more I laughed the more she caused a scene. Didn't bother me, but it was clear to everyone around she was unhinged.

So yeah, no good deed goes unpunished.

I gave a little money to a woman at a gas station last year. She had a hard luck story and was in a beater. I felt bad for her and was in a good mood.

Then she starts telling me how she's crossing the country on some odd quest to spread the word of, er, a member of "the squad." I just rolled my eyes and went about my business. She's entitled to her mental illness. Then she starts screaming at me. I just laughed at her, and the more I laughed the more she caused a scene. Didn't bother me, but it was clear to everyone around she was unhinged.

So yeah, no good deed goes unpunished.
Should have asked for a refund. "Not as advertised".

People with nice things can get into difficult places.
In Dec. 2021 I was at the BMW dealership and discovered I had forgotten my wallet. My wife texted me front and back of my CC and I was hoping that would work--I'll show them and they can manually process. At the time, Apple Wallet was new to me, and I was able to add my CC into Apple Wallet from the info I had. My charge was $38, not a lot, and ultimately, I was able to pay online via web. The backup would have been Apple Pay, which they started to accept that fall. We all deserve to be in humbling scenarios, because it keeps us grounded and reminds us we can f up no matter how much we think we do everything right... :giggle:

I keep enough cash on me to cover if the CC machines are down.

The downside of that is that, a few weeks ago, I was grocery shopping in the local Kroger an they came over the general announcing system saying CC processing was down in the entire store and they could only accept cash...people went into a straight panic, left entire carts of frozen crap food in the middle of the isle, there may have been 5 people still grocery shopping after 10 minutes passed by. The problem is that everyone who walked out of the store knows that you have cash on you when you walk out with your groceries.

I thought about walking out for that reason, but I was running low on oatmeal creampies.

This reminds me of an episode of "Dragnet" in which Sgt. Friday says, "I don't know enough about it to have an opinion".

From my experience, any "I don't have enough money" or "Hey, my money's gone-it was just here" or "Darn, I left my wallet home", are all opening lines used by scummy, well rehearsed people.

At the checkout line next to mine. A 40 year old woman with two teenage girls is short $15 and asks if they take a check and the cashier says no..
Rural locations usually still do take checks. I'm not surprised if the urban ones don't.

I'll pay for necessities but only after I see them walk away from the register to put things away. I'll never give money otherwise.

After being stuck behind a guy at TSC yesterday who had to write two separate checks for two separate transactions and was not at all prepared, I have to mention the obligatory:
1) stop writing checks at cash registers. They're incredibly antiquated. I don't like the potential tracking/monitoring of credit cards, either, but that's what cash is for
2) if you must ignore #1, please have your check as filled out as possible before getting to the register. Have your ID ready because they WILL ask for it. And don't record the check in your register right there -- that's what the carbon is for.

A local "homeless " guy that would panhandle at the local Safeway would show up in a BMW 3 series.
1. Maybe he LIVES in his BMW. Don't be so judgemental. :ROFLMAO:

2. Question about homeless older people. Don't they get social security? Don't know what the minimum you can collect but assume it's at least $500 a month. If you have no other expenses, you're not starving even if you eat at McDonald's twice a day.

It irks me when people really need help and can't get it. A local "homeless " guy that would panhandle at the local Safeway would show up in a BMW 3 series. I took video and said I'd post it on YouTube if he came back. He never did.
Not sure why the disappointed emojis, but I'm fed up with all of the people who beg but don't need it. Actually I'm tired of the beggars period.

Back