Does anyone need a truck like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a F250 because if I need to get my boat worked on, I probably need to trailer it somewhere. Marine mechanics near me basically want to work of outboardd. So if I want someone to work on my boat with an outdrive almost a given I need to trailer it somewhere.

And in the spring I buy mulch by the pallet.

sometimes HD truck's actually get used for something besides mall crawling.
PXL_20230702_201814717.jpg

This week I am in Southern California. The least number of full-size pickups on the road here I have ever experienced. Many of the parking spots here likely won't fit a full-size truck. Good question might be why Southern California drivers are not buying as many full-size trucks compared to the rest of the USA.

Disclosure- I have a 2002 F350 V10 crew cab, 2015 F350 V8 super cab, and a 2019 F350 diesel dually.
fuel costs 6 bucks a gallon would be my guess.

Reactions: CKN
It's one of those terms that seems to be on repeat that I just don't understand. I don't understand why what anyone drives is trying to signal anyone. It doesn't make a bit of sense. I don't think anyone spends $50k+ on a car to tell anyone anything else. That's an expensive "signal".

I hate to tell you but I don't think anyone else gave a thought that you were hauling anything. I guess just be glad anyone is paying enough attention not to rear end you. 😂
You would be surprised. There is a guy who drives around locally in a prius with stickers all over it, large stickers, that say like "58mpg vehicle" or something like that. He's definitely virtue signalling ;)

I’m 6’4” tall 240 lbs so the GMC is just the right size! If I were 5’4” tall and 120 lbs I’d still pick the GMC over that butt ugly ‘snouty’ yota!
My FIL got a good deal on a fancy crew cab Tacoma, lightly used. He drove onky Toyota trucks until his business needed to haul at full payload constantly in severe service/terrain. He went to ford and never looked back.

I’m about your size. I have an S-10 regular car, and two 1996 Ram CTD trucks. I was surprised at how squeeze the Tacoma was, even compared to my small S-10. The newest Fords he has are bulky, but the Tacoma was tiny for what it was. He sold it fast…

Totally agree. Some cars are too low.
We should ban low cars! All those Miatas and British cars..... Ban them I say!

My only low car is my Fiero and even something like a Cavalier or a Ford Focus towers over it.

Does someone need a $100k+ luxury SUV to haul around a kid, a purse and three grocery bags? Probably not... so let's convince them they are idiots and should be driving a Mitsubishi Mirage Hatchback since it is more practical.

For expensive vehicles people either buy them because they need them for some work related purpose or because they want them.

I'm driving a used GM midsized truck because I occasionally do truck things. If my bank account would let me I would definitely roll around in a 2024 GMC HD2500 AT4X, just because I want to.

People also put marble countertops in their kitchen when plywood and laminate would also work as effectively to hold plates and toaster ovens.

Two very different trucks.

One is a 3/4 ton that can haul and pull a bunch.

One is a commuter truck where someone wants the ability to grab some stuff from the hardware store for house projects.
Yes, and one will annoy you to death with small issues the dealer cannot fix (but will charge you for) and they other will just keep on going seemingly forever.

at the end of all of this, people seem to ignore the obvious.

it is going to be the way it is because the radiator is massive.

Does anyone need a vehicle that has over 100 HP? There are likely folks here that have never experienced anything below 300 or 400. The car I took my driving test in was 90 HP and 119 ft. lbs, 5 spd and fun to drive. although 0-60 in 15 sec. in 2023 wouldn't cut it

I have a F250 because if I need to get my boat worked on, I probably need to trailer it somewhere. Marine mechanics near me basically want to work of outboardd. So if I want someone to work on my boat with an outdrive almost a given I need to trailer it somewhere.

And in the spring I buy mulch by the pallet.
If you need to get your boat worked on?

You may or may not need an F250 but I buy my heating pellets by the pallet.
1696512249483.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back