Does anyone need a truck like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should see what I do with my trucks! I made the mistake of towing a large boat with my F150, once...
When towing a race car trailer with 3 cars inside, a 250/2500 series truck is a minimum.

90-jpg.42185

attachment.php

Ram-3500.jpg
The real question is, how fast is the boat?

You should see what I do with my trucks! I made the mistake of towing a large boat with my F150, once...
When towing a race car trailer with 3 cars inside, a 250/2500 series truck is a minimum.

90-jpg.42185

attachment.php

Ram-3500.jpg
I think some people don't realize how many trucks are multi-purpose. Sure there are people that don't tow at all or smaller loads, but most of them will just buy a 1500 instead if they want a truck. The other part is just because we see trucks unladen on the road it doesn't mean that it doesn't sometimes tow or even if that's the normal use of the truck. I am one of those that think it's kid of ridiculous to daily a massive truck and then also not tow. I used the bed a lot in my F150 when I had it, but so far for the types of things I've hauled I haven't had a problem doing so in my GTI. That was 1%-2% of my total truck usage. By far my main use is moving myself and a bit of work gear long distances at highway speeds and driving a more expensive truck that got half the fuel economy didn't make sense to me. That I can't have as much fun on pavement in a truck than I can a hot hatch. Ultimately I think we should have have the tools we want and need to accomplish what we're doing in life, even if I think some of them are doing it wastefully, it's not my call.

Nice trucks BTW. I have a bit of a soft spot for the newer Rams.

I’m 6’4” tall 240 lbs so the GMC is just the right size! If I were 5’4” tall and 120 lbs I’d still pick the GMC over that butt ugly ‘snouty’ yota! I’d Love to have that big GMC just to bolt down a 10’ 2x12 in the bed and nail a red shop rag on the back of the 2x12, just to piss off the virtue signaling do gooders and make them think I’m a building contractor when I’m actually running an errand 3 blocks away! Make mine a diesel…..dually… with the heated leather…massaging seat backs…..:eek:

I’m 6’4” tall 240 lbs so the GMC is just the right size! If I were 5’4” tall and 120 lbs I’d still pick the GMC over that butt ugly ‘snouty’ yota! I’d Love to have that big GMC just to bolt down a 10’ 2x12 in the bed and nail a red shop rag on the back of the 2x12, just to piss off the virtue signaling do gooders and make them think I’m a building contractor when I’m actually running an errand 3 blocks away! Make mine a diesel…..dually… with the heated leather…massaging seat backs…..:eek:
Can this stupid term just die already?

Yes but the ones with all the chrome and leather are not usually used as work trucks but as grocery getters.
Well maybe - but some guys where I live pull massive YellowFins with 3 Mercs each costing what some folks first house did …
Some of these sockless Sperry boys like the interior …

IMG_1590.jpg

Yep. It looks like I logged back in at just the right time.

I missed being told what to drive, and how we should live our lives.
I would venture to guess most aren't worried about all trucks. The only trucks that seem to be a real danger on the roads are the heavily lifted ones that reduce visibility which for some reason are more likely to be driven by someone with a heavy foot. Driving fast with worse visibility is a legitimate problem.

Any inattentive driver can be dangerous. Sure it's even more dangerous with a heavier vehicle, but that's a separate issue.

I don't mind the huge dually 3500 trucks, that are mostly stock. I can't stand the ones with wide mud tires and a 12 inch lift, that are everywhere right outside the City. I've never seen one pulling a trailer, the headlights are way up in the sky (and the drivers usually leave the high beams on (and even if they don't the low beams are blinding anyway)) and I've never seen one offroad, because none of the offroad trails are wide enough for a dually with rims like that. Although they all run super feathered mud tires. And there's a few dealerships that specialize in selling these trucks.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 11
I don't mind the huge dually 3500 trucks, that are mostly stock. I can't stand the ones with wide mud tires and a 12 inch lift, that are everywhere right outside the City. I've never seen one pulling a trailer, the headlights are way up in the sky (and the drivers usually leave the high beams on (and even if they don't the low beams are blinding anyway)) and I've never seen one offroad, because none of the offroad trails are wide enough for a dually with rims like that. Although they all run super feathered mud tires. And there's a few dealerships that specialize in selling these trucks.

FWIW, my Dually is at stock height, so it can fit under the toy hauler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back