Does anyone need a truck like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it would matter to you because?

We have literally hundreds of 3/4 ton and up trucks in our work fleet. They work for a living, and do jobs the Tacoma (or 1/2 ton trucks for that matter) are not rated for or capable of.

From time to time you will find them in a parking ramp at an office building. Believe it or not, contractors etc... have offices too...
1. Doubt they are the top of line versions with chrome everywhere and a leather interior.

2. Around here they are driven by 20 something males with white collar jobs just to show off their income. Then 6 months after purchase you see them advertised on Marketplace because they can't afford the payments or the gas.

1. Doubt they are the top of line versions with chrome everywhere and a leather interior.
What does that have to do with it? It isn't the chrome and leather that makes the truck so big.

This truck would make a great tow rig for you.

Notice that all of the full-sized US pickups and SUVs have high, blunt front ends. It's not just GMC/Chevrolet.

The reason for the design is European pedestrian-impact safety standards. Yes, a few of these vehicles are sold in Europe, or at least the manufacturers want the option to sell them there. The biggest problem for drivers of these pickups is that the high front end destroys visibility to the front, which I would think causes more risk to pedestrians, not less.

The biggest problem for other drivers is that the headlamps of these new pickups are typically at eye level even for someone in another truck. I've come around curves at night in my old-style Ranger and been blinded by the low beams on these new trucks because they're right in my eyes. That creates unnecessary risk to others too.

The whole safety standard needs to be reconsidered, but good luck on that. That's why we're stuck with these high front ends and massive grilles.

Yes but the ones with all the chrome and leather are not usually used as work trucks but as grocery getters.
That brings us back to my earlier question: What is this thread really about? It seems people are as much put off by the chrome as for any other reason.

This GMC HD with its Mack grill makes the Tacoma look like a Japanese Kei truck.

View attachment 181746
I think tacos and Dakotas, S10 the are the perfect size and if you need bigger the square body pickups were just the right amount of big. The latest models are hilariously hideous. You grille doesn't need to be bigger than your windshield unless you're a tractor trailer or dump truck.

Not my money so idc but something has to be done about those idiotic headlights that reach over the roof of some sedans.

Not my money so idc but something has to be done about those idiotic headlights that reach over the roof of some sedans.
If you look the headlights on the first truck are not much higher than the Tacoma. If you look at mine they are lower than both of them. They put the parking lights on the top.

Last edited:

2. Around here they are driven by 20 something males with white collar jobs just to show off their income. Then 6 months after purchase you see them advertised on Marketplace because they can't afford the payments or the gas.

So under that interpretation, the only acceptable choice is the entry level, bare bones model. Does that apply only to medium duty trucks like these? Light duty? All vehicles? Over the road Owner operator trucks? Is there a reason a nicely appointed truck bothers so many but they have no issue with a fully loaded sedan?

There are companies here that don't only buy bare bones trucks - their foreman and superintendents often get fully loaded trucks as a reward.

So under that interpretation, the only acceptable choice is the entry level, bare bones model. Does that apply only to medium duty trucks like these? Light duty? All vehicles? Over the road Owner operator trucks? Is there a reason a nicely appointed truck bothers so many but they have no issue with a fully loaded sedan?

There are companies here that don't only buy bare bones trucks - their foreman and superintendents often get fully loaded trucks as a reward.
I will tell you in my search I could only find a few W/T models. The Custom I have has carpet. I was looking for rubber floors. Most of the trucks were LT or better. That is what sells. I was also looking for a long bed also. I couldn't find one.

Is there a reason a nicely appointed truck bothers so many but they have no issue with a fully loaded sedan?
Trucks unhinge some for reasons I don't understand. Our local media loves to report a "truck" caused an accident. If it was a sedan, minivan or coupe, then they say a "vehicle" caused the accident. Likewise if a guy robs a bank in a truck, it was reported as "a truck". Bank robber gets away in a car, then its a "vehicle". Go figure.

Does anyone need a truck like this?​

You should see what I do with my trucks! I made the mistake of towing a large boat with my F150, once...
When towing a race car trailer with 3 cars inside, a 250/2500 series truck is a minimum.

90-jpg.42185

attachment.php

Ram-3500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back