Does Amsoil equal better mpg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by parshisa
Originally Posted by burla
what's the deal with all this amsoil discussions lately? is amsoil didn't meet the Q2 sales objectives or what?

What oil is built better then that specifically for a di turbo that sounds like that? You seam hung up on brand name, but it is the formula that may help out, low calcium for lspi protection and high moly for lspi quench. Can you name a better formula for di turbo already showing signs of knock?

oh my, here we go again....

First I get called an amsoil basher, now an asmoil pusher? Meanwhile the brand means nothing to me either way, it is the formula. Hello is any oil guys left on bob's that discuss formula? Here guys try this on, yeah Burla makes sense case closed, not all this garbage. Amsoil went to a lot of trouble to build a di turbo friendly FORMULA. This is a di turbo with a knock. It has nothing to do with brand, just using an oil with additives MADE FOR THIS SPECIFIC APPLICATION.

what's the deal with all this amsoil discussions lately? is amsoil didn't meet the Q2 sales objectives or what?

What oil is built better then that specifically for a di turbo that sounds like that? You seam hung up on brand name, but it is the formula that may help out, low calcium for lspi protection and high moly for lspi quench. Can you name a better formula for di turbo already showing signs of knock?

oh my, here we go again....

First I get called an amsoil basher, now an asmoil pusher? Meanwhile the brand means nothing to me either way, it is the formula. Hello is any oil guys left on bob's that discuss formula? Here guys try this on, yeah Burla makes sense case closed, not all this garbage. Amsoil went to a lot of trouble to build a di turbo friendly FORMULA. This is a di turbo with a knock. It has nothing to do with brand, just using an oil with additives MADE FOR THIS SPECIFIC APPLICATION.

Pains me to write it but it seems that the site has largely just turned love/hate - with little logic in the middle. I believe the OP posted a question. I cannot question if the person is "legitimate" or not, but I bet anything he is not an Amsoil dealer or shill or whatever.

Originally Posted by Toros
Amsoil is a scam. Change my mind.

Probably not a legitimate challenge, meaning your mind seems to already be made up. I can tell you I have been an Amsoil dealer since 1999. The products and the company are legitimate. I have used nothing but Amsoil for 20 years with great success Turbos, DI's, 2 strokes, gear boxes, differentials, AT's, etc. There is nothing phony about the products or company. So what do you mean by scam?

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by Navi
Here is the Valvoline Modern VOA btw.

I wonder what's in their "secret sauce"

...........that looks as anemic as all get-out

WOW what an ignorant post.

Yes the truck was kept for combined 2 months and 2 repair tries. This is why I look to Amsoil. No Amsoil is not a scam oil...Royal Purple is a scam oil. A lot of people and Blackstone labs agree its the best.

The better question is if you need the best and can you afford to pay top price.

I dont know if better oil quality is the solution...

Personally I have never been able to validate MPG differences when using one brand of oil versus another, including Amsoil. I have been able to see differences based on speed, into the wind vs tail wind, and winter vs summer.

Oil doesn't have an effect on fuel mileage unless you are measuring tenths. I have ran conventional oil most of my life then I went to synthetic in my Vue with no difference then on my Caravan it was a blend then synthetic. Oh wait I just checked the meter in van I have gone from 21.5 mpg to 15.8 since the last tank. How is this possible as only change is synthetic oil? As long as it is approved for your vehicle use with confidence. My big difference in fuel mileage is all the idle time and low speed as no highway use not the oil.

Originally Posted by dave1251
You have rarely made any sense regarding motor oil additives. You can regurgitate marketing better than most but you can not explain specifically how each additive works together to achieve protection and you key in on single additives without acknowledgement there is a trade off with each choice.

I'm pretty sure in your brain that made sense, but you should have left that in your brain where it belongs. Pretty much common knowledge low calcium is what is called for with di turbo's and that moly is a lspi quencher. I wont bothering embarassing you with proof, it is not that hard to find. There is no trade of as they raised the mag, and no known trade off for 250ppm moly over standard 75ppm, especially for a di turbo. Funny all the battle dogs are showing up here with nothing but personal attacks. Why not help the OP with some of your extensive knowledge?

Ok why don't motor oils use 250PPM of molybdenum? Most do use less than 100PPM. What is molybdenum main purpose it's not to counter LPSI. Part of the answer is what happens to LPSI rate when calcium is lowered.
What are oleates what do they do?

I'll wait for your answers

that is a 2018 still under warranty I would think, they need to look at that.

If you are referring to me yes it is a 2018 with just over 10600 miles and nothing is wrong so why bring to dealer? My mileage is low this tank due to lots of idle time and low speed. It did drop a half quart of oil in 1500 miles but I attributed to the switch to synthetic and something I will monitor. I refuse to go to dealer unless I know what is wrong so they can't guess on my dime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back