Dodge Demon anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Demon hits showrooms this fall with an estimated base price of $85,000, but we suspect transaction prices will be higher due to demand. Dodge will produce 3000 Demons for the 2018 model year, plus 300 for customers in Canada. There is no word whether a second model year is in the Demon’s future, but it certainly will be remembered for many years to come.

More info here.

This is a car for those that collect them and have the funds to do so. It would be fun to take out but not great for any type of driving by going down the 1320. The suspension isn't set up for anything but that from what I have read.

It will not be long before one of the big 3 breaks the 1000hp mark from the factory. Rumor has it that the Demon can but on race fuel.

So I need to play the Powerball and hope to win.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
How about an HPE1000 charger?

Hennessy is a crook and his cars are garbage.

Just curious but can you point me to links that back up your statement? I like to be informed and I can't find anything online. Not saying he is or isn't, just like to read up on vendors, good and bad.

Originally Posted By: Rat407
The Demon hits showrooms this fall with an estimated base price of $85,000, but we suspect transaction prices will be higher due to demand. Dodge will produce 3000 Demons for the 2018 model year, plus 300 for customers in Canada. There is no word whether a second model year is in the Demon’s future, but it certainly will be remembered for many years to come.

More info here.

This is a car for those that collect them and have the funds to do so. It would be fun to take out but not great for any type of driving by going down the 1320. The suspension isn't set up for anything but that from what I have read.

It will not be long before one of the big 3 breaks the 1000hp mark from the factory. Rumor has it that the Demon can but on race fuel.

So I need to play the Powerball and hope to win.
smile.gif

Just think people were paying that money back in 1990 for a Corvette ZR-1.

Originally Posted By: Rat407
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
How about an HPE1000 charger?

Hennessy is a crook and his cars are garbage.

Just curious but can you point me to links that back up your statement? I like to be informed and I can't find anything online. Not saying he is or isn't, just like to read up on vendors, good and bad.

Google "John Hennesy is a crook." It has been proven over and over.

Dodge seems to be great for building high HP engines, too bad they don't have a competent chassis to put them in...maybe they should call Chevy and see if they can put this motor in a Corvette?

I got to hand it to Fiat... they know how to get the most (money) out of a 20 year old Mercedes.

As for the Demon - Useless. Need not apply:

IMGP0014.jpg

Meadow-Fork-Rd-1.jpg

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Dadillac
I'll just leave this here
http://www.autoblog.com/2017/04/12/dodge-demon-nhra-drag-racing-ban/

Don

Hmm,
that's interesting that the only reason that it was "banned h" for being too fast is lack of a roll cage...a little bit disingenuous.

But I'd still have a Hellcat.

It hasn't been banned. If you break 10's at a sanctioned strip you need a license and a cage. The Demom and Porsche GT3 are cageless because NHTSA prevents their installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back