Disappointed with Samsung TV

My 64 inch Samsung Plasma was used during summers and long weekends at my cabin for 4 years, then full time for 6 years. It then went blank with no power. I took it in to the local guy with a good rep and I’ll see if it’s the power supply. I’m in for $100 then probably onward to get a 65 inch LED.

I have an 13 year old LG 42” lcd and a 10 year old 55” LG plasma. Both are used daily, the 42” is our primary.

I also bought a TCL 65” led 4k roku 3 years ago. The LG TVs are just a higher quality.

Lesson I’ve learned, buy a higher quality dumb tv and add a streaming device so you can update it. The Roku os on the TCL is very slow now days but works. The LG with firestick or Apple TV are so much quicker.

I'm now hearing that Samsung appliances (washing machines and refrigerators) aren't lasting very long either. I think it's the electronics that are the problem.

I have 3 Samsung LCDS. 2 are from 2008 and 2009 and the newest is from 2020 and are still working great. 2 of my kids have had 2 Samsungs a piece with now problems either.

since this was revived.
I would say all big manufacturers have multiple lines, entry level, midrange, high end, possibly specialty.(ie OLED which could also be considered high end)

The cheapest ones are made cheap.. but it could have just gotten a marginal power surge that poof'ed it. Where a higher end model with better power circuitry may have lived.

I have an inherited 50" samsung its now about 10years old and going strong.
Might end up moving it to the spare bedroom wall mount.
Some of these 65" around 500$ are pretty appealing.

OLED in another lifetime or when prices come to earth.

Parents have a nice 65" M series vizio last year before they all went 4k.(2019?) It replaced a 32" samsung.
The vizio has had many odd issues such as freezing when switching inputs and remote issues.. but if you unplug it... works like new again for about a month.

Back